Thread: Ideas for a MI OC FAQ??

Post imported post

Hey guys and gals!!

If you have things that you were looking for when you started OCing or things that you think a NEW OC person MUST know before striding out into the world of MI OC... please post them plus any Cites that go with them.

I am going to try and rework the Info thread and break it down into more easily digested parts.

Also a FAQ was suggested so I am going to start with that right now while I wait to hear back about my ideas on dividing up the info thread and making it more organized and easier to find information in!

Please post your topic, data and cites in that order!

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Laingsburg, for the time right now., Michigan, USA

Post imported post

slightly off topic, but can some one try to clean up the open carry story's thread so that the people can see thats its ok to open carry, and they can learn better. i understand that the discussions are a good thing, but it gets kinda long winded so to speak trying to wade through all that.

Post imported post

The problem is there are only two Moderators on the whole forum the owners and they are the only ones who can delete posts.

Good idea though!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Q: I don't have a CPL what places are off limits for me to possess a firearm?

A:

Q: How old do you have to be to possess a handgun in Michigan?

A:

Q: Can I drink alcoholic beverages and still possess a loaded firearm?

A:

Q: Is opencarry disturbing the peace or disorderly conduct?

A:

Q: Do I have to show ID to a LEO if I'm open Carrying?

A:

Q: Can Iaudio/video record a LEO interaction?

A:

Q: Where is the statute That states Open Carry is legal?

A:

More to come.

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Q: If I do not have a CPL how must I transport a gun in my car? What if I have a truck/SUV/Car that does not have a trunk?

A:

Q: If I am stopped while OCing by an officer while on foot, what information must provide to him/her?

A:

Q: If I am stopped while OCing by an officer while driving my car/motorcycle (possibly because someone called the police on me for OCing on foot, then got into my car/truck and was pulled over later) for open carrying what information must I provide to him/her?

A:

Post imported post

Q: I have a CPL and have been told that I gave up my right to OC. Is this true?

A:

Q: Is there a specific type of holster that I must use for OC to not be considered CC?

A:
    Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

Post imported post

One may wish to incorporate this into the FAQ:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...52&forum_id=30
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Post imported post

Q. Can I open carry while using public transportation (bus, taxi, etc.) without a CPL?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Geek Saint wrote:
    Q. Can I open carry while using public transportation (bus, taxi, etc.) without a CPL?
    No.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Very good guys keep em coming ! I will leave this alone for a few days just keep throwing ideas out there!

Post imported post

Venator wrote:

Just so you know when deciding to answer this question...

Yes you can drink alcoholic beverages but it is just NOT a good idea. Firearms and alcohol DO NOT MIX!But you can legally blow a .02 BACif you are carrying concealed, but if you are open carrying you can legally blow a .08 BAC (this was told to me and Cabman by Lt. Jim Shaw of the Jackson State Police Post #17 and I do have it on tape). Regarless, if you are going drink, leave your handgun at home and locked up!!!

Post imported post

Q: If I am asked to leave a store/restaurant because they don't like the fact that I am carrying a gun do I have to leave even though I am carrying legally?

A:

Q: I have heard that if you have a CPL you can open carry into places that you wouldn't normally be able to carry concealed with a CPL. Is this true?

A:

Q: Can I CC or OC into a police station?

A:

Q: If I am OCing and am stopped by the police for OCing and they ask for my gun do I have to give it to them?

A:

Q: If I feel like I was harrassed by a police officer for OCing what actions can take against them?

A:

Q: If I am stopped by a police officer for OCing,what is the best to handle the situation?

A:

Q: If I get arrested and taken to jail for OCing what should I do?

A:

Q: If another citizen or business ownerharrases me about OCing, what is the best to handle the situation?

A:

Q: Are there any places that are completely off limits to CCing/OCing?

A:

Q: My local cityhas an ordiance against carrying firearms in the city limits and at certain parks. Can they enforce this?

A:

Q:Can I CC or OC onstate land, national forest, or federal land in Michigan?

A:

Post imported post

Q: I heard that open carry was legal in Michigan. Does that mean I can just carry anyplace as long as it is in the open?

A:

First warning that comes to MY mind is about vehicle carry.

Laingsburg, for the time right now., Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Q If you are at an off-road park that is county owned and you need a A.T.V. sticker to run there, can you oc in your truck or buggy without an cpl?

A

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    Â*

Just so you know when deciding to answer this question...

Yes you can drink alcoholic beverages but it is just NOT a good idea. Firearms and alcohol DO NOT MIX!Â*But you can legally blow a .02 BACÂ*if you are carrying concealed, but if you are open carrying you can legally blow a .08 BAC (this was told to me and Cabman by Lt. Jim Shaw of the Jackson State Police Post #17 and I do have it on tape). Regarless, if you are going drink, leave your handgun at home and locked up!!!

Yep, the numbers you give are correct in regards to "legal", and I agree w/ the "leave guns at home" statement.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.