• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What Voice Recorders do you Recomend?

619P95

imported post

Hi I am new to the forums as of bout 4 days ago, been doing a lot of reading in that time about OCing and the encounters with LEOs that some of you have had. I did a search on Voice Recorders and pulled up 400 hits on it but, only a few were about recommended types to use and even those were kinda lacking in responses. So I was wondering what type of Voice Recorders you all use. I am looking for something that in small and not too expensive, that has at least a Hold function but even possibly a PW lock type on it.

Thanks in Advance

619P95

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Sony ICD-P520 paired with a condensing lapel mic.

I forget how much record time capacity it has, but I think its upwards of about 20 hours. It has no password or locking capabilty, but if it is hidden, it shouldnt make much of a difference.

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
apple iPhone with mic and earbuds on your chest. up to 32 GB memory to record on, it looks 100% normal, and you can secure your phone with a password so if a cop did see it and tried to stop it, he couldnt. (unless he powered it off, but i think thats true with any recorder) plus you get video, internet, an ipod, and a phone so you can record encounters, check the open carry and cal guns forums, listen to your recordings, and call your lawyer, all with one device.

LOL +1

I use the Sansa Clip 1GB model ($27). It's small and has a hold function. It's harder to come by at that price because they came out with 2GB and 4GB models. As a backup/video recorder I also use the iPhone 3G S.

619P95

imported post

bad_ace wrote:
LOL +1

I use the Sansa Clip 1GB model ($27). It's small and has a hold function. It's harder to come by at that price because they came out with 2GB and 4GB models. As a backup/video recorder I also use the iPhone 3G S.
Is the Sansa Clip 1GB not a MP3 player and not a recorder?[line]

Edit: hrmm ok well I rechecked it on Cnets review website. Orig search pulled up MP3 Players only now it is showing the voice recorders

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Welcome to the forums!

I use a Sony ICD-UX70 with a stereo lapel microphone.Has several quality settings that affect record time and file size.Transfers as an MP3 fileeasily onto my computer.

I turn it to record, place it in the lock position, and tape the recorder to my chest!

It will be quite an event if LEO want to separate me from my recorder!! :shock: