• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry this one?

TheMrMitch

imported post

:dude:A little humor. Attention! Look at me! HehHeh (Just ordered one).

s7_216598_imageset_01

langzaiguy

imported post

Oh sweet, what caliber? That's a muzzle loader right? I'm pretty sure that's the only gun convicted felons can carry.

TheMrMitch

imported post

It's a Howdah pistol....20 guage and a special holster for about $21 was ordered with it. Muzzle loader and I expect to load five 00 buck in each barrel.

It's a fun thing....sorta like the one"Mississippi" carried in a John Wayne movie.:dude:

Statesman

imported post

20 guage? :what:

I've never fired such a round, but it sounds like the recoil would take your arm off.

I have trouble enough handling my Kimber (.45) one handed.

TheMrMitch

imported post

I'm going to start with 50 grs of FFF per barreland go from there. I regularly fire 90 grs in my rifle and up to (?) 40 grsin my 44s with a 451 ball.

BTW....a .31 caliber is equal to 00 buck and I used to order 25 pounds of oo buck instead of higher prices for .31 cal balls.:celebrate

Walkeraviator

Louisville, Commonwealth of Kentucky, , USA
imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
It's a Howdah pistol....20 guage and a special holster for about $21 was ordered with it. Muzzle loader and I expect to load five 00 buck in each barrel.

It's a fun thing....sorta like the one"Mississippi" carried in a John Wayne movie.:dude:

That movie would be El Dorado. Mississippi aka Alan Bedillion Trahern, played by Jamed Caan carried a sawed off double barrel, but i dont think it was a pistol gripped muzzle loader.

PS...El Dorado is one of my favorite westerns... I want Arthur Hunnincutts rifle... Cant tel what specific model but resembles a colt 1855 revolving rifle.