• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thinking about OCing tomarrow in Joplin.

josh_scci

imported post

My main concern is the "guy with a gun call". What should I be prepared to say if confronted other than usual. I know from experience that the only people in this area I have ever seen OC are guys who work in gun shops.

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

dont be nervous very unlikely if you know your legal then there is no problem, if the cops stop you (nothing you say can be used to help you) if you ddnt commit a crime your fine, the best thing to do is go to a place you go alot, hit wal-mart, get gas, grab a bite

it gets easier

josh_scci

imported post

No problems. I stopped by a local gun shop and picked up a box of ammo. Then went over to Academy sports and outdoors. The only guy who even said anything to me was the guy behind the gun counter and he asked what department I worked for and I said I didn't work for any and he said oh ok. Then stopped buy walmart where no one even seemed to pay attention to me at all.

Ss

imported post

Did you go by Steve's?

I buy all my handguns there. If Wal-Mart has the long gun I want I buy it there since I employed by them.

I would open carry but don't like to tuck my shirt in. Been wearing my crossbreed snapslide with a glock 30 and sometimes I wear my .44. I am big and if I don't tuck in the shirt well it is covered good.

I have opened carried a lot in KY and TN when visiting my brother. Never really do it in MO though it is legal in McDonald County.

Good to hear you had a positive experience. Walsheeples dont pay attenction to much.

Go to Academy alot to buy shoes. Nice to know they are decent people.