• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns Welcome Here

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Someone on a Tennessean comment thread posted that these placeshave chosen not to post "NO FIREARMS" signage.

O'Charlies

Logans

Ruby Tuesdays

Let's keep our eyes open for more restaurants that aren't posting and list them here.

Let's give them our support and business.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Thanks for the link fallguy. It will be interesting to see how the individual restaurants that initially post do financially over the course of the first few months after this law change. Since there are large chains that will not post I would think it would be in the interest of the small guys to change their tune, but we shall see.

Fallguy

imported post

I do hope there is noticable difference between places that post and those that don't.

I hope in a few months when things calm down, maybe some of the signs will start coming down.

jbird

imported post

IIRC, the Ruby Tuesdays in Lenoir City is posted. It's been a couple of months since I have been there, so memory may not be correct. I used to eat there frequently when in town on business. Would be nice to keep my pistol on me instead of in the car.This was prior to passage of the new law and may not be in compliance with the signage requirements, don't know.

Jay

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Any sugestions on how to clean the peanut shells out of the holster
when leaving Logans?
All those husks and shell fragments can't be good for the second tap.

They have lobster bibs for seafood, maybe a holster bib for peanuts.

Pol Mordreth

imported post

If the Ruby Tuesday's in Lenoir City is posted, you need to contact their corporate people in Nashville and let them know so that they can make them pull the sign.

Now, the Ruby Tuesday's in Smyrna still had the old legal notice up that it was illegal to carry in a place that served alcohol for onsite consumption, but that carries no weight now that the law has changed.

Regards,

Pol

jbird

imported post

Pol Mordreth wrote:
If the Ruby Tuesday's in Lenoir City is posted, you need to contact their corporate people in Nashville and let them know so that they can make them pull the sign.

Now, the Ruby Tuesday's in Smyrna still had the old legal notice up that it was illegal to carry in a place that served alcohol for onsite consumption, but that carries no weight now that the law has changed.

Regards,

Pol

That's probably the case, sign based on the old law. I should be back in the area this coming week and will check.

Thanks

Jay

Fallguy

imported post

This sign...

MISDEMEANOR. STATE LAW PRESCRIBES A MAXIMUM PENALTY OF ELEVEN (11) MONTHS TWENTY-NINE (29) DAYS IMPRISONMENT AND A FINE NOT TO EXCEED TWO THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($2,500) FOR CARRYING WEAPONS WHERE ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE SOLD OR SERVED.

...is still required to be posted per 57-4-203(k)(1)and still applies to anyone that doesn't have a HCP.

But only a sign per 39-17-1359 can legally prevent carry by those with a HCP.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
You mean you DO NOT use your weapon for cracking nuts? (jk).

I do use my CZ82 with open slide to open beers. Try it. HehHeh:cool:[At Home Only]
Well, we do like to claim that firearms are tools, right? Turns out that they have multiple uses. :)

Splat!!

imported post

Fallguy wrote:
This sign...

MISDEMEANOR. STATE LAW PRESCRIBES A MAXIMUM PENALTY OF ELEVEN (11) MONTHS TWENTY-NINE (29) DAYS IMPRISONMENT AND A FINE NOT TO EXCEED TWO THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($2,500) FOR CARRYING WEAPONS WHERE ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE SOLD OR SERVED.

...is still required to be posted per 57-4-203(k)(1)and still applies to anyone that doesn't have a HCP.

So in reality O'charley's doesn't post........while roaming around PigeonForge O'charley's has the above signalso posted above the bar area, but no signs posted on door or entrance.....................

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Fallguy wrote:
This sign...

Does the trumped up charge while in jail that adds 32 hrs to your sentence count
against your rights? Looks like they are implying you are safe from loosing them
with the law, but reality always differs. Or are you suppose to choose between
bubba's smile, and your 2A while a guest.