Thread: Anyone know about this?

Post imported post

http://www.infowars .com/images/ firearms- letter.png BATF essentially tellin' TN FFL licensees that a new TN law passed on 19 June is in violation of Fed Law. I'm just passing it on... 'causeI have no idea.

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    http://www.infowars .com/images/ firearms- letter.png BATF essentially tellin' TN FFL licensees that a new TN law passed on 19 June is in violation of Fed Law. I'm just passing it on... 'causeI have no idea.
    I've seen it. They said that Fed law trumps state law--personally I think state law should trump most federal laws, as many of the recent acts by Congress are 10th Amendment violations.

The Act the memo is referring to is a 10th Amendment Act recently passed by the Tn. legislature...

I keep hoping for the day the NFA is repealed, or the states simply tell the federal government where to shove it....not likely to happen I admit--but I continue to hope anyway.

Post imported post

One thing I've always thought (and I could be wrong) is that the ATF has the ability to regulate firearms because most, if not all, travel in interstate commerce.

...and that the whole purpose of this law and similar ones in other states, was that if a firearm does not travel in interstate commerce, then the federal government/ATF has no lawful means to regulate it.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

Fallguy wrote:
    One thing I've always thought (and I could be wrong) is that the ATF has the ability to regulate firearms because most, if not all, travel in interstate commerce.

...and that the whole purpose of this law and similar ones in other states, was that if a firearm does not travel in interstate commerce, then the federal government/ATF has no lawful means to regulate it.
    'Regulate' means 'to make regular'... not dictate. This is a 10A issue that I'm sure TN will address. 'Should be interesting.