• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

smith & wesson 9mm

nick1207

imported post

Iwas looking at a S&W 9mm sigma series SW9VE.. thought about buying it. is it worth buying? i was reading an article on the on the SW9VE.. its suppose to be the answer to the glock and just as good.

Walkeraviator

Louisville, Commonwealth of Kentucky, , USA
imported post

Excellent weapon with one major drawback...trigger pull is awful. Better than Glock? No Not really. BUt for teh price is a hell of a deal on a good dependable accurate polymer handgun. Right now buds has M&Ps for $439...its basically a sigma with all the querks fixed. In my opinion, M&P, XD, and Glock are all very evenly matched pistols.

So if you want to have a good gun at a good price then yes sigma is ok. But be aware that the trigger is going to leave much to be desired.

8th ID

imported post

I have a Sigma .40 and a Glock 23 (.40) the Sigma cost about $150 less than the Glock. My Sigma has never jammed, etc in any way. I've had them both for the same amount of time. Both pistols are accurate, well, as accurate as I am:shock:They are very similar. I would trust the Sigma to save my life. Here's the thing, my Glock has a5.5lb trigger pull, the Sigma is something like 12 lbs. I just try to practice with both. I have gotten used to the Sigma trigger pull, and on some days the trigger pull on the Sigma makes me concentrate more and it can make me more accurate...

8th ID

imported post

mnick426 wrote:
Iwas looking at a S&W 9mm sigma series SW9VE.. thought about buying it. is it worth buying? i was reading an article on the on the SW9VE.. its suppose to be the answer to the glock and just as good.
I'm not sure which caliber your set on, but Buds in Lexington and Paris have the Sigma .40 for $330. and the 9mm for $325. These are the stainless. In the black finish the .40 is actually cheaper...