• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The 'Wild East'

Chaingun81

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
'Been about 5 more shot/killedthe past few days. Oh... 'n a couple stabbings.

The 'Empty Holster' rally in Annapolis only attracted about 70 'carriers'... altho there were wives 'n kids that weren't counted. The participant sheet had 54 signatures. I dunno what it is... apathy, fear of being pegged a 'gun nut'... I dunno. There's a lot of hostiliy and unreasoned paranoia there.This comes from a couple generations of guns being considered 'illegal' in the minds of the sheep. It's a cultural hobble.
Weren't you a LEO in MD at some point? I wonder how many good people CC illegally just to feel some safety in this ocean of crime...

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Chaingun81 wrote:
Weren't you a LEO in MD at some point? I wonder how many good people CC illegally just to feel some safety in this ocean of crime...

Yeah, I was. Baltimore City PD.It's MUCH worse now... (I thought it was bad then). 'Bout 3 more shot this weekend... 2 killed. Oh... make that 4... a cop offed a BG in a convienience store. I s'pose it was in the middle of a robbery attempt. BG lunged with a screwdriver... (BANG). Never take hand tools to a gunfight. I think the BG croaked. Baltimore's got major problems. Good place to stay away from... far away.

I got that part suitcased.

Most of the CC'rs I knew were women. No 'permits'... 'couldn't get one. I have no idea how many are carrying 'illegally'... other than the BG's. More than a few though.

Chaingun81

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Chaingun81 wrote:

Yeah, I was. Baltimore City PD.It's MUCH worse now... (I thought it was bad then). 'Bout 3 more shot this weekend... 2 killed. Oh... make that 4... a cop offed a BG in a convienience store. I s'pose it was in the middle of a robbery attempt. BG lunged with a screwdriver... (BANG). Never take hand tools to a gunfight. I think the BG croaked. Baltimore's got major problems. Good place to stay away from... far away.

I got that part suitcased.

Most of the CC'rs I knew were women. No 'permits'... 'couldn't get one. I have no idea how many are carrying 'illegally'... other than the BG's. More than a few though.
Jeez... And my wife was thinking I'm paranoid for not wanting to go to Baltimore with the whole family to see some freaking waterpark. I choose not to carry where I legally can't, so I at all costs try to alltogether avoid places where I can't carry. After hearing your updates on Baltimore, I'm even more firm in my desire to avoid it...

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

And even if they do illegally carry society doesn't benefit they way it normally would I guess. Very few folks would risk prosecution to protect other people or property if doing means near certain prosecution.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Yep! 'Better than bein' dead tho... or wounded or kidnapped or raped... or a combination of all 4.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

4 more in PG County (yesterday)...1 dead. The sheep still making references to 'Wyatt Earp' when presented with 'shall issue'. (Not that they'dl really know... but it's a popular analogy.)Murdaland must be headin' for a record year body count.

Yep... that gun control stuff is really workin' out for 'em...

Sonora Rebel

imported post

There's been about 4 more shootin's (that I know of) since the last post. This weekend ain't over...

I think the Baltimore area is past the point of rescue. Too bad this ain't the 'old days'... People'd be formin' up vigilante posse's 'n takin' care of business. Now... ya can't even fight back at the little darlin's.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

More shootings... gang stuff... but still...

Baltimore in particular is past the point of rescue. 'Soon to become Maryland's most historic ruin. The sheep remain in denial... and ignorance. 'Seems most are oblivious... or apathetic. Then there's the 'anti's' who a dead set against anyone carrying the means to defend themselves. Mass hoplophobic psychois paranoia. Crazy people don't know they're crazy. The factual dynamic of the surrounding states isn't even considered. Myopic... xenophobes. DC w/o the monuments.

No sane person should remain there. (Like New Jersey) Get out while you can... you'll never regret it.

Chaingun81

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:

Baltimore in particular is past the point of rescue. 'Soon to become Maryland's most historic ruin. The sheep remain in denial... and ignorance. 'Seems most are oblivious... or apathetic. Then there's the 'anti's' who a dead set against anyone carrying the means to defend themselves. Mass hoplophobic psychois paranoia. Crazy people don't know they're crazy. The factual dynamic of the surrounding states isn't even considered. Myopic... xenophobes. DC w/o the monuments.

No sane person should remain there. (Like New Jersey) Get out while you can... you'll never regret it.
+1 So true

XD40coyote

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:

Not to mention that one of these hoplophobes has been hitting on me! Also notice how he seems to write with 2 personalities? One is calmer and more lucid, the other is just plain loony tunes.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:

Not to mention that one of these hoplophobes has been hitting on me! Also notice how he seems to write with 2 personalities? One is calmer and more lucid, the other is just plain loony tunes.
Yeah... there's somethin' REALLY freaky goin' on with JayWalker... 'it' has issues.Schizoid? :uhoh:TBoob is a lyin' 'never done nuthin'... 'been nowhere poser from the git-go. 'Reminds me of one of the loud mouthed 'Cholly's' that inhabit the Democratic Club's found on near every corner. A 'stoop sitter'.They only help the 'cause'... Anybody with half a functioning brain cell would realize what baffoons they really are. I cringe to imagine what it'd been like if I hadn't left there at 17... and discovered 'the world'. :shock:

Copper1225

imported post

Chaingun81 wrote:
It's interesting you brought it up. I was talking about the same with my co-worker whois a proud gun owner and Utah CC permit holder but unlucky enough to be stillliving in MD.We were trying to figure out why MD gun laws are that bad.A lot of people say it's North-Eastern culture, butI don't really buy that.

There are plenty ofNorth Eastern states withgun laws ranging from decent to very good- VT, DE, PA,NH, even CT.There is no reason for MD to be the way it is. About half of my gun owning co-workers live in MD and they live in rather rural areas where everyone has guns. Is it just Baltimore dragging it down like NYC dragging down NY state? PA also has big cities but the gun laws there are way better. Hell knows why it's so different from most of it's neighbouring states - I just don't get it.

Just wanted to say that no one from the north east considers MD part of us lol. We have a hard time considering MA and CT part of the north east. If I had my way it would only be VT, NH and ME.

Keep Shooting

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Copper1225 wrote:
Just wanted to say that no one from the north east considers MD part of us lol. We have a hard time considering MA and CT part of the north east. If I had my way it would only be VT, NH and ME.
Actually...Maryland is part of the South (geographically and historically). The present problem stems from it being politically joined at the hip by D.C. 'n that tail's beenwagging the dog since the Federal occupation of 1861.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I find it richly ironic that the liberals in the "Wild East" so often scare the sheeple with references to the "wild west", and the "OK Corral" anytime someone tries to get a CCW law passed. I think about 4-5 people were shot/killed in the OK Corral and it became a nation-wide sensation at the time because that kind of carnage was so UNUSUAL! Now we hear of 17 shootings in Baltimore in one day and say "Isn't that a shame", then move on to something of real concern like the weather report.

The political left has ruined so much of our traditional culture, and their lock on the Mainstream Media has made it relatively easy for them to get away with causing such decadence.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
I find it richly ironic that the liberals in the "Wild East" so often scare the sheeple with references to the "wild west", and the "OK Corral" anytime someone tries to get a CCW law passed. I think about 4-5 people were shot/killed in the OK Corral and it became a nation-wide sensation at the time because that kind of carnage was so UNUSUAL! Now we hear of 17 shootings in Baltimore in one day and say "Isn't that a shame", then move on to something of real concern like the weather report.

The political left has ruined so much of our traditional culture, and their lock on the Mainstream Media has made it relatively easy for them to get away with causing such decadence.
You're quite right that the OK Corral fight was unusual... 3 killed. That'd prob'ly be a low number for a Baltimore weekend. They also forget it was the 'law' who pushed that event. Maryland... and Baltimore inparticular is a myopic menagerie anyway. They can't seem to see beyond their cage. The media wonks seem to know nothing beyond their teleprompters as well and react in feigned (horrified) amazement of citizens actually practicing the right to bear arms unmolested and unmolesting.