Thread: Salt Creek Recreation Area

Post imported post

My family may camp for a couple nights sometime next month. So I checked up on it and I found this little tidbit on the website

Hunting or the use of firearms, bow and arrow, air or gas weapon, or other projectile devices capable of injuring or killing any person or animal or damaging any park property is prohibited.
    What do you guys think?

Post imported post

Your not using the gun just carrying it.

Post imported post

It sounds as if Clallam County paid a lawyer to come up with enough babble to make folks think that they can't do anything with a gun at their parks. You can clearly carry in or at county parks under the preemption law:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.290

Owing to the purposely confusing text of the county rule, I suggest that you print out a copy of RCW 9.41.290 to prove your case to any park ranger who needs a little education.

MD

Post imported post

I go down there quite often to the beach and never had a problem o.c. also I camp there about 2 times every year. This last summer and 1 time so far this year o.c.ed when camping and had no issue.

if you want to see some cool bunkers besides the ones they have down at the camp ground you take a dirt/gravel road that's gated off to your immediate right when you pass the front gates of the camp ground.