• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Holster Carry

mike75925

imported post

there are a few less feasible ideas out there. one is that in having a concealed carry license the gun must be continuously concealed. another is that we need a license (a right that is granted and which carries certain requisites) to exercise a right that we are born with. finally, carrying an unloaded gun is less effective that wielding a short club or throwing a brick. scott v. sanford as well as others shed some light upon the meaning of keep and bear. delaware v. prouse upon the 4th. most cops will interpret the law differently than it is written, and it seems that judges will take and run with obscene interpretations. i have, after making sure that the cops in my area now the second, i have donned a shoulder rig or a drop leg rig.i asked a detective what was the deal with open carry, he later on a traffic stop tried to search me for a gun, i responded get a f%^&ing warrant as they grabbed me and subdued me. if i would've had my piece, i would have used it. shame they are so ignorant and petty. this forum's operation is lacking sorely. thirty minutes to get this typed, sheesh!