• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Microsoft Gun Club - Open Carry Discussion

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

• Open Carry Principles, Practice and Protest: Our very own Kjell Anderson, Tim Hermann & David Robins will talk to us about WA state law, your rights and the Open Carry Picnic in Bellevue Park last month.
Open Carry will be discussed at the July 29th Meeting of the Microsoft Gun Club.

Only MS Gun Club members can attend, and membership requires you to be a current or former MS Employee, Contingent Staff, or Vendor.

Tawnos

imported post

joeroket wrote:
Are any of the three members at OCDO? I would be curious as to what they are going to discuss about the principles and practice of OC.
I'm Tim

Tawnos

imported post

joeroket wrote:
Are any of the three members at OCDO? I would be curious as to what they are going to discuss about the principles and practice of OC.
I'm Tim, and I double tapped this message >.>

3/325

imported post

Microsoft has a gun club?? :shock:

Firearms aren't allowed on MS property, last I heard. Occasionally I have to visit their campus for work. I think I may need to swing by this shindig.

ETA: I'll be danged; they got their own website and everything: http://gcmsweb.org/

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
That's sounds awesome, I wonder if apple has a gun club if not I could see a really funny MAC vs. PC ad in the future.
no they don't, you think anyone could afford a weapon after buying a macbook

Tawnos

imported post

3/325 wrote:
Microsoft has a gun club?? :shock:

Firearms aren't allowed on MS property, last I heard. Occasionally I have to visit their campus for work. I think I may need to swing by this shindig.

ETA: I'll be danged; they got their own website and everything: http://gcmsweb.org/
Microsoft does not have a gun club. We are a gun club at Microsoft, which apparently makes a huge legal difference (MSGC got shut down years before I came to MS). "Weapons" are forbidden on MS property according to our handbook, this includes locked in vehicles.

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
FunkTrooper wrote:
That's sounds awesome, I wonder if apple has a gun club if not I could see a really funny MAC vs. PC ad in the future.

no they don't, you think anyone could afford a weapon after buying a macbook

So true that's why I'm a PC.

I try to budget for at least 3 weapons for every Macbook I buy. My ratio is 6:2 so far this year:p

sirpuma

imported post

I used to be a vendor at MS. I worked in the data centers. My rather conservative views weren't welcome there, I think. :celebrate I had forgotten all about their gun club or their website. LOL

Wheelgunner

imported post

"FunkTrooper wrote: "That's sounds awesome, I wonder if apple has a gun club if not I could see a really funny MAC vs. PC ad in the future. " no they don't, you think anyone could afford a weapon after buying a macbook" So true that's why I'm a PC.
Trouble with Microsoft guns is that they jam in the middle of a firing sequence, you have have to disassemble the gun to repair, and it won't reload

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
  • Open Carry Principles, Practice and Protest: Our very own Kjell Anderson, Tim Hermann & David Robins will talk to us about WA state law, your rights and the Open Carry Picnic in Bellevue Park last month.
Open Carry will be discussed at the July 29th Meeting of the Microsoft Gun Club.

Only MS Gun Club members can attend, and membership requires you to be a current or former MS Employee, Contingent Staff, or Vendor.
I would hope that someone can attend and enlighten us all on the event.... ( I have a voice recorder)

3/325

imported post

Wheelgunner wrote:
"FunkTrooper wrote: "That's sounds awesome, I wonder if apple has a gun club if not I could see a really funny MAC vs. PC ad in the future. " no they don't, you think anyone could afford a weapon after buying a macbook" So true that's why I'm a PC.
Trouble with Microsoft guns is that they jam in the middle of a firing sequence, you have have to disassemble the gun to repair, and it won't reload
Yeah, but it's a lot easier to find someone who can fix an MS gun, and any bullet will work in it. :celebrate

Tawnos

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Right Wing Wacko wrote:

I would hope that someone can attend and enlighten us all on the event.... ( I have a voice recorder)
Since I'll be presenting, I'm pretty sure whatever coverage you want can be provided ;)