• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We reached atleast one person

cabman1

imported post

here is what was sent to me.

Mr. Cannon,

I am interested in becoming a member of Michigan Open Carry. I live in Jackson and wasn't aware of the recent event held at Cascades. Had I known, I would have attended. I am a retired veteran and wholeheatedly believe in every law-abiding citizens right to carry. I would like to know when the next event will be held and where. I do believe if more citizens were educated about the laws and more citizens openly carried, we could become an effective deterrent to crime. I was a certified small arms instructor/range operator when I was in the military, so I think my experience could be an asset to the MOC organization. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

( name withheld for privacy reasons)

1NotParanoid

imported post

Gordon, unless that is the same person we have also added another couple that is interested in our next meeting. I have their phone # and will be calling them to make sure they can attend.:celebrateHope to be able to add more for the next one.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Michigander wrote:
I think you should invite him to do lunch or coffee or something. :cool:

I'm thinking they should become paying members. We have over 40 paying members now and I would like to reach 100 by the end of the year. If MGO can have 530 members we should have a 1000, no offense to MGO, I'm just saying.

Numbers mean things to legislatures the more we have the stronger we are.

cabman1

imported post

I'm thinking they should become paying members.  We have over 40 paying members now and I would like to reach 100 by the end of the year.  If MGO can have 530 members we should have a 1000, no offense to MGO, I'm just saying. 

Numbers mean things to legislatures the more we have the stronger we are.
[/quote]

im working on that yes I am

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

cabman1 wrote:
here is what was sent to me.

Mr. Cannon,

I am interested in becoming a member of Michigan Open Carry. I live in Jackson and wasn't aware of the recent event held at Cascades. Had I known, I would have attended. I am a retired veteran and wholeheatedly believe in every law-abiding citizens right to carry. I would like to know when the next event will be held and where. I do believe if more citizens were educated about the laws and more citizens openly carried, we could become an effective deterrent to crime. I was a certified small arms instructor/range operator when I was in the military, so I think my experience could be an asset to the MOC organization. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

( name withheld for privacy reasons)

Well done SW regioncoordinator.:celebrate