• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Child shoots intruder during home invasion

TheMrMitch

imported post

One of my granddaughters......................................:cool:

Samon1919a4.jpg

Carnivore

imported post

I can't believe Hank "T" isn't on here advocating that the kid was in the wrong, and should have done all in his power to DE escalate the situation,, screaming BAD SHOOT !!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:and that the kid was just itching to get him some Blood!!

gsx1138

imported post

I know I'm going to sound like an asshat here BUT....it was not too long ago that we left 8-10 year old kids at home by themselves all the time while the parents were out working in the back 40 or hunting. We've been so vaginized in this society to believe that children are helpless. We've made them that way through our coddling.

I have no doubt that I could leave my 8 year old daughter to baby sit my 3 year old daughter. Would I? No. I'd get raked over the coals if one of my hippy neighbors called CPS. My point is that I don't think it's that big of a deal that they were home alone. And obviously the mother has done something right with these kids.

John Wolver

imported post

Carnivore wrote:
I can't believe Hank "T" isn't on here advocating that the kid was in the wrong, and should have done all in his power to DE escalate the situation,, screaming BAD SHOOT !!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:and that the kid was just itching to get him some Blood!!
he just hasnt seen it yet....

Carnivore

imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
I know I'm going to sound like an asshat here BUT....it was not too long ago that we left 8-10 year old kids at home by themselves all the time while the parents were out working in the back 40 or hunting. We've been so vaginized in this society to believe that children are helpless. We've made them that way through our coddling.

I have no doubt that I could leave my 8 year old daughter to baby sit my 3 year old daughter. Would I? No. I'd get raked over the coals if one of my hippy neighbors called CPS. My point is that I don't think it's that big of a deal that they were home alone. And obviously the mother has done something right with these kids.

+1000

If that town doesn't put that Mother in for A Mother Of The Year Award, The whole town should be shot!!

John Wolver

imported post

Carnivore wrote:
gsx1138 wrote:

+1000

If that town doesn't put that Mother in for A Mother Of The Year Award, The whole town should be shot!!
agreed

ocgso

imported post

Carnivore wrote:
gsx1138 wrote:

+1000

+1000 to Carnivore. She raised her kids right, and from the sound of things in a single parent household. That's not an easy job, and she got it right.

To gsx1138, you only sound like an (_o_)_/\_ to the coddlers who think kids are helpless until they are 35:banghead:

I am a teacher and I have a student (college) whose mom still drives him to school everyday and calls me once a week to make sure he is doing his homework. He is 29!!!

Tomahawk

imported post

I don't see it written that the home invaders were armed.

So, according to HankT, the boy should have held his fire and wrestled with the three thugs instead, and his little sister would've been just fine.

I have a baby sister. Well, she's married and has a kid, now, so she's not really a baby. But she's still my baby sister. And I will still do very bad things to anyone who threatens her. So I empathize deeply with the boy in this story.

HankT's postulate notwithstanding.

PT111

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
I don't see it written that the home invaders were armed.

So, according to HankT, the boy should have held his fire and wrestled with the three thugs instead, and his little sister would've been just fine.

I have a baby sister. Well, she's married and has a kid, now, so she's not really a baby. But she's still my baby sister. And I will still do very bad things to anyone who threatens her. So I empathize deeply with the boy in this story.

HankT's postulate notwithstanding.
It doesn't say they were unarmed either but it does say they threatened the kids so they must have been armed with something. I really can't say that two grown men facing to kids like this can be considered unarmed. Too many kids dying of child abuse from parents who are unarmed to consider this an unarmed situation in any stretch of the imagination.

Carnivore

imported post

rpyne wrote:
.40 Cal wrote:
I agree with teaching proper gun control early... use both hands, son!

9j15hf.jpg
Sorry, but the RSO training is coming out, he should be standing behind the firing line, not in front of it. Let's teach them safety as well.
Looks legit to me as far as the picture dictates, he's at the range w/ Father/supervision only one shooting, that little man is the active firing line..To be politically correct he's the length of his sneakers across the black line.. If your gonna pick on the little man, suggest eye protection..

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Nay!
Mother of the year and a years free range time, the kid needs more practice
shooting center mass! I will give him the excuse that his little sisters
shaking moved his aim.
But stopping bad guys is not misuse of a weapon so the signed sheet
of paper doesn't apply. As for unarmed, the door didn't break by itself.

rpyne

imported post

Carnivore wrote:
rpyne wrote:
.40 Cal wrote:
I agree with teaching proper gun control early... use both hands, son!

9j15hf.jpg
Sorry, but the RSO training is coming out, he should be standing behind the firing line, not in front of it. Let's teach them safety as well.
Looks legit to me as far as the picture dictates, he's at the range w/ Father/supervision only one shooting, that little man is the active firing line..To be politically correct he's the length of his sneakers across the black line.. If your gonna pick on the little man, suggest eye protection..
Not intending to pick on anyone, and yes, he needs eye protection. The red line should be at the front edge of the benches. Also, if you look closely at the picture you will see that the "black line" is actually a gap between the concrete pad and what appears to be a wooden beam laying on the ground, so he is essentially standing on a beam which would limit the stability of his stance.

I never pass up a chance to encourage parents and grandparents to teach kids to shoot and safely handle firearms as soon as the child can safely hold a firearm.

We had a group of 33 youth and their adult leaders at the range last evening. Most of the youth had never touched a firearm before. By the time they left, each of the youth had the opportunity to shoot a variety of rifles and pistols from airsoft guns to .40 S&W. Not too surprising, we had more safety issues with the leaders than we did with the youth. The most common safety issue was keeping their finger off the trigger until they were on target.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ocgso wrote:
protias wrote:
The kids did a good job. I just hope the mom doesn't get charged with leaving a loaded firearm near where a minor can get a hold of it.

And that is the problem in many states....

In NC, you must sign a form when you purchase a handgun saying that you understand you will be held criminally liable if a minor gains access to your firearms and does anything bad with them.

Hopefully some inflated prosecutor doesn't go after mom with a bogus charge like that.

My 2 cents
Notice too that there was no follow-up on the boy being taken to a detention center either.

Yata hey

ocgso

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
ocgso wrote:
protias wrote:
The kids did a good job. I just hope the mom doesn't get charged with leaving a loaded firearm near where a minor can get a hold of it.

In NC, you must sign a form when you purchase a handgun saying that you understand you will be held criminally liable if a minor gains access to your firearms and does anything bad with them.

Hopefully some inflated prosecutor doesn't go after mom with a bogus charge like that.

My 2 cents
Notice too that there was no follow-up on the boy being taken to a detention center either.

Yata hey
Good point, makes you wonder if the boy will end up with a criminal record for defending his sister......

buster81

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
ocgso wrote:
protias wrote:

My 2 cents

Yata hey
Was it the boy who shot the intruder that got taken to the detention center, or the juvenile that was with the two BG's?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

buster81 wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
Was it the boy who shot the intruder that got taken to the detention center, or the juvenile that was with the two BG's?
Good point - it wasn't clear.

Either way though - no follow up.

Yata hey

buster81

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
buster81 wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
Good point - it wasn't clear.

Either way though - no follow up.

Yata hey
I guess we'll just have to wait for the brady bunch to issue their statement about this for the real facts to come out.:quirky