Thread: camping at winthrop KOA...

Post imported post

Is there a rule change for National Parks? With my CCL can I drive to Winthrop and be normal at the campgrounds?

Banned

Post imported post

what are KOA rules?

Post imported post

I couldn't find them on their website? I guess next step would be to call. I just didn't want to "flag" myself for when I got there...

Banned

Post imported post

FIREARMS AND FIREWORKS
    are strictly prohibited for the safety of all campers.

http://koa.com/where/campgrounddocum...9322_rules.pdf

Post imported post

Thank You Boo Boo. Wow, no firearms or clotheslines! No worries about running into any of my kin there!

Post imported post

If you question includes carry while on Hwy 20 on the way to Winthrop, it is legal to do so. There is a corridor along the hiway designated "NRA" or National Recreation Area. This is distinct from a national park. Keep in mind that if you stray far from the hiway you may tread on NP ground, and as of this date it is illegal to carry there. Detailed maps will show the lines.
    I just went thru this exercise with a NP ranger 2 weeks ago. Also, NP rangers have all the powers of county deputies, in order to write citations, etc.

Post imported post

Boo Boo wrote:

FIREARMS AND FIREWORKS
    are strictly prohibited for the safety of all campers.

http://koa.com/where/campgrounddocum...9322_rules.pdf
    Oops. Ah, well, I guess I'll know next time.

Post imported post

Shoot! the rules & regs on pets were more defined than Firearms and Fireworks, even listed you would be thrown out for aggressive pets. Under "strictly" definition don't you need to be back it up and enforce! daily car and campers searchers? Are they any more likely to search you going into the pool area for contraband tobacco sticks than to search you car or trailer were you have a firearm securely stored. If you have to willpower to never take it out, then you're not going to have an issue.

"ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES are not to be in evidence at any time" If I must drink at the camp grounds "speak easy" than I'll also secretly maintain my personal defense. IMO.
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.