• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

camping at winthrop KOA...

Hammer

imported post

If you question includes carry while on Hwy 20 on the way to Winthrop, it is legal to do so. There is a corridor along the hiway designated "NRA" or National Recreation Area. This is distinct from a national park. Keep in mind that if you stray far from the hiway you may tread on NP ground, and as of this date it is illegal to carry there. Detailed maps will show the lines.
I just went thru this exercise with a NP ranger 2 weeks ago. Also, NP rangers have all the powers of county deputies, in order to write citations, etc.

jbone

imported post

Shoot! the rules & regs on pets were more defined than Firearms and Fireworks, even listed you would be thrown out for aggressive pets. Under "strictly" definition don't you need to be back it up and enforce! daily car and campers searchers? Are they any more likely to search you going into the pool area for contraband tobacco sticks than to search you car or trailer were you have a firearm securely stored. If you have to willpower to never take it out, then you're not going to have an issue.

"ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES are not to be in evidence at any time" If I must drink at the camp grounds "speak easy" than I'll also secretly maintain my personal defense. IMO.