• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is this . . Gun Violence Coordinator . . ?

FreeCitizen

imported post

This sounds like a further attempt at the strategy to create a foreign treaty to bypass the Second Amendment - like the treaty they are trying to get with Mexico. The Constitution states that it and treaties with foreign nations are to be the law of the land. If they can get another country to sign, they will have a flank to attack our Second Amendment. A flank we cannot defend.

As for his qualifications :
"Experience building broad-based coalitions, fundraising, and policy and program development are a plus."

A Congress committee we cannot elect. Just like the czars (relatively speaking).

Scary stuff!!

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

How about a " Steak Knife Violence Coordinator "?

I am not promoting stabbing somebody with a steak knife inorder to get a job over a tire iron .

Are Gun Violence Coordinators allowed to use steak knives ?

LEO 229

imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
$ 80,000 - $ 90,000 per year plus extra

Mark Pursley , Gun Violence Coordinator , City of Seatle { GOT THIS JOB }

What arehis qualifications ?

What is his Second Amendment view point concerning the individuals right to keep and bear arms?

Will there also be other types of violence coordinators ?

http://www.simplyhired.com/job-id/64tmecz3r7/gun-violence-jobs/

I think you getting bent out of shape over nothing. :?

From the job description is has nothing to do with the way you are projecting it. It seems to deal with guns used in crime and illegal trafficking. They want to start safety programs and get ideas on how to curb gun violence.. I suspect through education.

Itdoes not appear to be abouttaking away guns or limit your rights to have access to guns. It is nothing more than education on how to stop it. Not writing laws to prevent it.

Qualification requirements were also in the ad that the guy probably has them.

See below what you missed in the description answering all your questions: :lol:

focused on reducing gun violence and illegal gun trafficking.

The coordinator will lead City departments and partner organizations in developing local, statewide and federal gun safety strategies and programs.

They will also create and maintain the infrastructure necessary for continued success, including; grant writing, budget management, and outreach and communication strategies.

Experience building broad-based coalitions, fund raising, and policy and program development are a plus.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I think that job description sound like one that could be cut and pasted for a help wanted ad by the Brady bunch. I find it telling that they don't ask for someone with law enforcement or firearms or even conflict resolution experience.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

When I read the job title I had visions of someone sitting in an office surrounded by gang bangers saying stuff life:

Ok Jose, you and your posse are scheduled for an armed robbery at 6:30 Tuesday, followed by you Roberto, and your cousin, doing a drive by on 32nd Street. Now Street-Pone, I know you and your homies wanted to shoot up the food court at the mall on Wednesday but I just don't see how we are going to work that in what with how busy we all are. Could you just shoot a college student at the laundrymat on Wednesday instead and we'll try to find some way to fit in your mall shooting the followiing week. ....

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

From the __________ it has nothing to do with the way you are projecting it.
Fixed it for you. That covers every thread he's ever made.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

From the __________ it has nothing to do with the way you are projecting it.
Fixed it for you. That covers every thread he's ever made.

Thanks for being constructiveLEO .

New video : Gun Grabbers . . . "Night of the Living Government"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUwTyycRoCQ

This Gun Violence Coordinator position of our governmentshould be deserving of transparent reviews.

LEO 229

imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
Thanks for being constructiveLEO .

New video : Gun Grabbers . . . "Night of the Living Government"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUwTyycRoCQ

This Gun Violence Coordinator position of our governmentshould be deserving of transparent reviews.
OK, I enjoyed the video as it was very entertaining and I believe it is all true.

I saw nothing about gun grabbing in the video. Are you indicating that the government will grab your guns in the same manner as alternative ways of taxing you to get to your money?

That this new job is somehow going to enable gun grabbing tooccur?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
How often is Gun Violence coordinated by Mark Pursley ?
This is a very good question.

At least the government now admits it is behind so much of the gun violence that it needs a coordinator to keep track of its activities.

:D

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Bwahahahahahahaaaa!! That is a GREAT video!!!

OK. Who's gonna say it? Who's gonna make that connection?

A national Gun Czar and local Gun Commissars

1.] Are our national checks and balances in danger ?

2.] Are the Czars accountable to anyone ?

3.] Can a Czar be fired - impeached ?

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

longwatch wrote:
I think that job description sound like one that could be cut and pasted for a help wanted ad by the Brady bunch. I find it telling that they don't ask for someone with law enforcement or firearms or even conflict resolution experience.

4.] What will happen to the Gun Czar and local Gun Commissars after 2012 ?

5.] What qualifications should a Gun Czar of the people have ?