• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing story at pacific raceways this weekend

U8Dust

Banned
imported post

this weekend was the nationals event at pacific raceways. I went there with two of my friends.. one of which was OCing.. as was I. we drove through and got to the ticket gate to get our tickets and then i was approached by security who told me that i wasnt allowed to possess a firearm on the property. he said if it was up to him, he would let me, but their policies state that no firearms can be possessed by anyone on the property, except for the security officers who work there.

he told me that i could either take my gun back home and come back, or i can get a refund.

on top of that, they had like 50 armed security guys riding around on their motorcycles there and a bunch of sheriffs deputies. i dont think they had any shortage of firearms on the property. too bad a regular patron and paying guest of the property cant legally carry his own firearm there

Vandal

imported post

Private property mi amigo, they can do what they want. My local track bans guns too. I still go there, still race and still watch the races.