The picnic areas in that park are available by reservation. You can go stake one out, but if someone shows up that reserved it, you will have to move all of your stuff and go to plan B, that is, if you have a plan B.
Thought you should know.
Picnic Area A
The following Picnic Areas at Luther Burbank Park are scheduled from Memorial Day weekend through Laborday Weekend. Reservations can be made up to one year in advance. Click here for park map showing picnic area locations.
Call 206.275.7873 for more information and to make a reservation.
Area “A” – Tennis Court
- Located in the north end of the park right next to playground structure.
- 3 tables, 2 barbecues
- Parking in the North lot.
- No vehicle access. Picnic area approximately 100’ from parking.
- Closest restroom – by tennis courts
Area “B” – Meadow
- Located in the middle of the park
- 7 tables, no barbecue
- Parking – North lot.
- See rental information for limited vehicle access availability. Picnic area is approximately 100’ from the parking lot.
- Closest restroom is either by tennis court or beach (beach restrooms April)
Area "C" - North Beach
- Located in the South end of the park,North of the swim beach
- 7 tables, 3 barbecues
- Parking – South lot (closed until beginning of April)
- No vehicle access. Picnic area located approximately 300’ from parking lot.
- Located North ofNorth parking lot
- 3 tables, no barbecues
- Parking - North lot
- See rental information for limited vehicle access availability
- Available by reservation as a special event only.
Additionally, six barbecues and 3 dozen picnic tables are available on a first come, first served basis. They are located throughout the park. There are no electrical hook-ups or water available .
Go to Rental Information for picnic area fees.
There is one covered picnic shelter available at The Park on The Lid. Click here for more information.