• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO Picnic at Luther Burbank Park, Mercer Island

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

The date is set in stone for Sunday the 23rd.

Bring your buns, dogs, patties, sodas and guns.

The only way this will change is if by the Wednesday before the picnic, the weather service is still calling for rain. Then we will issue a rain check.

For alternate days, please give best suggestions. This is only if we are rained out. No sense in not preparing for all possibilities.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
The date is set in stone for Sunday the 23rd.

Bring your buns, dogs, patties, sodas and guns.

The only way this will change is if by the Wednesday before the picnic, the weather service is still calling for rain. Then we will issue a rain check.

For alternate days, please give best suggestions. This is only if we are rained out. No sense in not preparing for all possibilities.
Be sure to update the 1st post. It still reads Saturday.

trevorthebusdriver

imported post

Bump because it's coming up soon and also can someone swing by Seatac and pick up Jim(Deros72)? He organized the last big meeting at his apts. and has done a lot for OC in the south end...

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

Sunday
Mostly cloudy in the morning...becoming partly sunny in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 60s to lower 70s.

Manu

imported post

trevorthebusdriver wrote:
Bump because it's coming up soon and also can someone swing by Seatac and pick up Jim(Deros72)? He organized the last big meeting at his apts. and has done a lot for OC in the south end...
Last time I talked to Jim he mentioned that he is not going to Picnic

trevorthebusdriver

imported post

Manu wrote:
trevorthebusdriver wrote:
Last time I talked to Jim he mentioned that he is not going to Picnic

Only because he doesn't have a ride...

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Area A and area C are both not reserved on Sunday. You cannot reserve a spot the same day you use it except for the weekdays because no one is in the office to take the reservation on Saturday or Sunday.

I'll check again tomorrow, but we should be good for area A.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

seattleric007 wrote:
I checked with Mercer Island PD and let them know what we are planning. They ran it up their chain of command and checked all the city codes and have alerted their patrol officers and dispatch so everyone is well informed and all on the same page. They very much appriciated the heads up and the officer I talked to said she had herd of this happening in Eastern Washington and that it was a first for her.
Wow, thanks, you beat me to it by 30 minutes. Glad I looked here before calling the MI PD.

DEROS72

imported post

I have a ride available .Being I am a retired guy at the end of the month I'll have to bum a hot dog.....