• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL course to help 2nd Amd. March and MOC, Inc.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Date change to September 26th.

DATE NOW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 26th.

How many would be interested in taking a CPL course with proceeds going to Michigan Open Carry, Inc. and The Second Amendment March. The course will be instructed by some of Michigan’s best teachers. It will be hard to find a better price and at the same time help out two pro-gun organizations.

Where:
POST 46 HUNTING AND FISHING CLUB

Address: 8888 N. Dexter-Townhall Rd., Pinckney, MI 48169
When: Saturday Sept. 26th 2009
Time: 8:30 am-6:30 pm With an hour potluck lunch
Cost: about $100 each.

Who: Skip Coryell http://www.mwtac.com/mwtac/901.html
Tentative, Steve Fisher. http://www.michigantrainer.com/

Class will fulfill Michigan requirement for CPL application.
Class proceeds benefit MOC and 2A March.
Bring a dish to pass at lunchtime. A SAM talk will be given by Skip Coryell.
SAM T-shirts and other items will be for sale.
Dress for the weather, the classroom is inside, range is outside. They have a fridge and a microwave in the club house as well as restrooms.

Students will need to bring:

Pistol: Some will be available to rent for $20.00
100 rounds of ammo: There will be some to purchase at the class.
Eye and ear protection:

Looks like we have33 people interested so far. Our goal is to have 50.

For all those that plan on taking this course I would need a minimum of $50 in advance, by September 19th. The remainder can be payed the day of the class.

Since two charities are involved please make the checks out to Brian Jeffs. I will then pay expenses and divide the profits between the two organizations.

Send check or MO and a brief note with your name, address and a contact number to:

Brian Jeffs
5806 High St.
Bath, MI

UPDATE:
For every student that attends, Frontsight ( http://www.frontsight.com/ ) will send them a certificate for a free two day training session. Frontsight is one of the best defensive schools in the country.

You will also have the ability to receive a free NRA liberty membership. Or purchase a regular membership.

In addition MOC will award prizes to the top male and female shooter. We will also have some door prizes as well. So well worth the course fee.

Tentative attendees:

Mrs dougwg +1
Mr. ruger45
Mrs. Ruger45
Mrs Venator
Ventor's Brother
blairellis
pmcqueen37
tygereye
office888+2
cabman’s friends +9
Kevin +3
cebu_4_2 +1
A. Moore
James_liv_co

Houle1+3
Premo

HPC9

imported post

Need Yes, can afford right now not so much.

How hard would it be to get this info on the miopencarry.org site?

If we had a easy to remember (miopencarry.org/cpl) web address we could print out the general info with a quick blurb about the goals of The Second Amendment March and goals of MOC and give out a easy link for people to follow in order to get more info and signup. Tripple win. More exposure for MOC, SAM and the CPL fund raiser.

Think flyer on a break room cork board with tabs to tear off.

This is a great way to not only get a CPL but support gun rights at the same time. We just need a quick and easy (easy for the intrested party) to spread the word.

T Vance

imported post

I have a friend who may want to attend, but he will be out of town from September 5th-September 11th.

I also told my dad about it, and he might be interested too. I also left a message with a couple of other people I know who might want to go. I'll let you know what I find out.

HPC9

imported post

I don't know why the file host thing doesn't work. I fail at computers. :cry:

I talked to a bunch of people at work and 3 said they were interested. I gave them a link to this thread. I just hope they follow up.

Edit
Tried it again today everything seems to be working.

pmcqueen37

imported post

Ok add Me to the list possible +2 wife and step son, would there be gun available as the wife has no gun, would be willing to pay extra for use, myself and stepson have handgun available for use for the training.
Wife and stepson can't afford it, college tuition

Michigander

imported post

I imagine there won't be a problem with having enough guns. Most CPL instructors own an array of handguns for students to use, and I can't imagine everyone will be shooting at once, there will probably be 2 or 3 or 4 different firing line line ups if the class does draw large numbers. So I'd actually expect there will be extra handguns at the class.

cabman1

imported post

hay can we turn it into a picnic -get together id even be willing to trough 10 dollars in just to be there (cuase I already got a cpl) ill man an moc table evan!!!!

tygereye

imported post

Depending on my school schedule, I am VERY interested!!!! Count me in, as long as I have enough time to get a babysitter, and catch up on homework!!

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

cabman1 wrote:
hay can we turn it into a picnic -get together id even be willing to trough 10 dollars in just to be there (cuase I already got a cpl) ill man an moc table evan!!!!
We plan on a pot luck lunch at half-time.

T Vance

imported post

If some of the people I told about it attend, I may come too just to hang out and have a refresher course. I already have my CPL. Would there be a fee just to come and watch/listen?

office888

imported post

Add me to the list with one guest. I MIGHT be able to get two guests, I've got one friend who's interested for sure to take the class with me, and I'm trying to convince my sister to get her CPL as well.

-Richard-

pmcqueen37

imported post

pmcqueen37 wrote:
Ok add Me to the list possible +2 wife and step son, would there be gun available as the wife has no gun, would be willing to pay extra for use, myself and stepson have handgun available for use for the training.
Wife and step son are out but keep Me on the list