• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL course to help 2nd Amd. March and MOC, Inc.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I'm meeting with the club on Tuesday evening to set a date. The range cost is $200, I'm trying to get the cost done, but I'm told that most likely wont happen. I'll have more on Wednesday.

blairellis

imported post

Just waiting on the date...There are a few of my friends who want to get their CPL ASAP so the sooner the date is locked in the more people you'll have who can tell you if they can come or not. A lot of us live by a calendar. I know I do at least.

Venator

imported post

Date change to September 26th.

DATE NOW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 26th.

How many would be interested in taking a CPL course with proceeds going to Michigan Open Carry, Inc. and The Second Amendment March. The course will be instructed by some of Michigan’s best teachers. It will be hard to find a better price and at the same time help out two pro-gun organizations.

Where:
POST 46 HUNTING AND FISHING CLUB

Address: 8888 N. Dexter-Townhall Rd., Pinckney, MI 48169
When: Mid September??? No date set.
Time: 8:30 am-6:30 pm With an hour potluck lunch
Cost: about $100 each.

Who: Skip Coryell http://www.mwtac.com/mwtac/901.html
Tentative, Steve Fisher. http://www.michigantrainer.com/

Class will fulfill Michigan requirement for CPL application.

Class proceeds benefit MOC and 2A March.

Bring a dish to pass at lunchtime. A SAM talk will be given by Skip Coryell.

SAM T-shirts and other items will be for sale.

Dress for the weather, the classroom is inside, range is outside. They have a fridge and a microwave in the club house as well as restrooms.

Students will need to bring:

Pistol: Some will be available to rent for $20.00

100 rounds of ammo: There will be some to purchase at the class.

Eye and ear protection:

Tentative attendees:

Mrs dougwg +1
Mr. ruger45
Mrs. Ruger45
Mrs Venator
blairellis
pmcqueen37
tygereye
office888+2
cabman’s friends +2

T Vance

imported post

I've informed my dad and a few friends about the new date. I'll let you know if they are interested. May I come and hang out without having to pay since I am already a CPL holder?

T Vance

imported post

Do they have ammo for sale there or would you have to bring your own? If so how many rounds per person? Are there guns available for use for people who may not have a handgun of their own?

Venator

imported post

T Vance wrote:
Do they have ammo for sale there or would you have to bring your own? If so how many rounds per person? Are there guns available for use for people who may not have a handgun of their own?

Pistol: Some will be available to rent for $20.00

100 rounds of ammo: There will be some to purchase at the class.

Eye and ear protection:

Venator

imported post

cabman1 wrote:
so is the date the the 19th or the 26th i think im up to 4 or five im bring up

with some potato salad
Still waiting, but most likely it will be the 26th. Skip has a conflict on the 19th.

Michigander

imported post

Just a thought, I'm sure word of this class is all over the various forums, but might it be a good idea to post an ad for this on craigslist?

Venator

imported post

CPL COURSE SEPTEMBER 26th 8:30 am to 6:30 pm

Looks like we have 18 people interested so far. Our goal is to have 50.

For all those that plan on taking this course I would need a minimum of $50 in advance, by September 19th. The remainder can be payed the day of the class.

Since two charities are involved please make the checks out to Brian Jeffs. I will then pay expenses and divide the profits between the two organizations.

Send check or MO and a brief note with your name, address and a contact number to:

Brian Jeffs
5806 High St.
Bath, MI

T Vance

imported post

I think what he was saying was that is what they were going to charge MOC to use the range, and that Brian would pay for it out of the money from the people paying the "about $100" for the class. Don't quote me on that though.

If you notice in the post before yours Brian writes "Since two charities are involved please make the checks out to Brian Jeffs. I will then pay expenses and divide the profits between the two organizations".

Venator

imported post

cebu_4_2 wrote:
Yes I did see that but in the page before he mentioned that the range charge was 200 and was working on it but probably cant change them charges. I am in full support of this movement BIG TIME but just want to make sure that signing up for the class that the range is not an extra 2 bills each. Guns on the way, permit on hand CPL next to do list. My wife even is into it so I am ready just want confirmation before supporting something other, Hope you understand.

Do not fear. The cost of the class is $100 period. The range fee is what the club is charging MOC for it's use. Other expenses are class materials like books, handouts, targets, etc. The instructors are not charging anything for their time and are making no money beyond covering said costs of materials.

You can rent a handgun for $20 if you want. Skip said that fee would also go to MOC and the March.

This is a great price for the class and a great chance to help out both groups. If you are thinking about taking a CPL class this is the time to do it.

Remember to bring a dish to pass for the pot luck lunch.