Thread: OC'g to get your hair cut?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

So I have a hair cut appointment this evening. What happens when I they put the cape over me to keep the hair off of me? Is my weapon considered concealed at that point?

Centurion

Post imported post

yeah, i thought about that when i went to get my haircut last time. i think that would be considered concealled.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

Mugenlude wrote:
    So I have a hair cut appointment this evening. What happens when I they put the cape over me to keep the hair off of me? Is my weapon considered concealed at that point?
    "Hidden from ordinary view, within reach, you know it is there" It would meet the three prong test, YEP it's concealed.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Yeah, that is what I figured. I wonder how people in other states with OC (and no CC) handle this... looks like the sidearm will stay in the car this evening, man I hate doing that...

Post imported post

Honestly I always keep mine in the trunk when I'm getting my haircut. Even if it's not conisidered concealed, I can foresee tons of hair getting into all the nooks and crannies of my weapon, not worth the hassle IMO.

Post imported post

See if they have a see-through cape.....
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

wrightme wrote:
    See if they have a see-through cape.....
    Not a bad idea, thanks.

Post imported post

I would say it's pretty definitely concealed. I get around it by having a CCW.

Post imported post

Mugenlude wrote:
    So I have a hair cut appointment this evening.* What happens when I they put the cape over me to keep the hair off of me?* Is my weapon considered concealed at that point?
    Got mine cut a few weeks ago and didn't even think about this issue till about 2 min into the cut. Just left things as they were and prayed no cop came in. Figure it's probably best to leave firearm in the vehicle for this stop in the future.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

Mugenlude wrote:
    Yeah, that is what I figured. I wonder how people in other states with OC (and no CC) handle this... looks like the sidearm will stay in the car this evening, man I hate doing that...

NO, that isn't safe. The thieves take them from the cars. Both the Beloit and Grand Chute police departments suggest not doing that.

I say, take it in. When they go to put on the "damned cape," simply remove the holster, gun still holstered, and place it on the counter next to your chair. It would still be holstered, not concealed, and still available if need be.

Edit for spelling

Post imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
    Mugenlude wrote:
    Yeah, that is what I figured.* I wonder how people in other states with OC (and no CC) handle this...* looks like the sidearm will stay in the car this evening, man I hate doing that...

NO, that isn't safe.* The thieves take them from the cars.* Both the Beloit and Grand Chute police departments suggest not doing that.

I say, take it in.* When they go to put on the "damned cape," simply remove the holster, gun still holstered, and place it on the counter next to your chair.* It would still be holstered, not concealed, and still available if need be.

Edit for spelling
    Why go throught the trouble of taking holster off? Just remove firearm and set it on the counter. Thats not brandishing.

Post imported post

No reason to relinquish control of the firearm. In fact, that would be a very unreasonable act.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

Pull the cape up on the side so it isn't covering the gun. Yes, even I get haircuts.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

Just hold the cape up and out on the side the gun is on, making it visible, and causing all hair to fall to the other side! lol that might get tiring though.
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Post imported post

Wear an ankle holster and roll up your pants and you solve all these problems.

Or like someone suggested, have them use a clear cape if they have one.

Post imported post

bring your own clear plastic trash bag (recycling bag), cut a hole for your head. All set.

Centurion

Post imported post

mja1000 wrote:
    bring your own clear plastic trash bag (recycling bag), cut a hole for your head. All set.
    lol YES!!!

Post imported post

mja1000 wrote:
    I don't know, that is a bit redneck. How about one of those cheapo rain ponchos.

Post imported post

Post imported post

You know you could just tell them you don't want a cape and don't mind hair on you