• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'g to get your hair cut?

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So I have a hair cut appointment this evening. What happens when I they put the cape over me to keep the hair off of me? Is my weapon considered concealed at that point?

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mugenlude wrote:
So I have a hair cut appointment this evening. What happens when I they put the cape over me to keep the hair off of me? Is my weapon considered concealed at that point?
"Hidden from ordinary view, within reach, you know it is there" It would meet the three prong test, YEP it's concealed.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yeah, that is what I figured. I wonder how people in other states with OC (and no CC) handle this... looks like the sidearm will stay in the car this evening, man I hate doing that...

M9_Shamalan

imported post

Honestly I always keep mine in the trunk when I'm getting my haircut. Even if it's not conisidered concealed, I can foresee tons of hair getting into all the nooks and crannies of my weapon, not worth the hassle IMO.

Woodchuck

imported post

Mugenlude wrote:
So I have a hair cut appointment this evening.  What happens when I they put the cape over me to keep the hair off of me?  Is my weapon considered concealed at that point?

Got mine cut a few weeks ago and didn't even think about this issue till about 2 min into the cut. Just left things as they were and prayed no cop came in. Figure it's probably best to leave firearm in the vehicle for this stop in the future.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mugenlude wrote:
Yeah, that is what I figured. I wonder how people in other states with OC (and no CC) handle this... looks like the sidearm will stay in the car this evening, man I hate doing that...

NO, that isn't safe. The thieves take them from the cars. Both the Beloit and Grand Chute police departments suggest not doing that.

I say, take it in. When they go to put on the "damned cape," simply remove the holster, gun still holstered, and place it on the counter next to your chair. It would still be holstered, not concealed, and still available if need be.

Edit for spelling

Woodchuck

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
Mugenlude wrote:
Yeah, that is what I figured.  I wonder how people in other states with OC (and no CC) handle this...  looks like the sidearm will stay in the car this evening, man I hate doing that...

NO, that isn't safe.  The thieves take them from the cars.  Both the Beloit and Grand Chute police departments suggest not doing that.

I say, take it in.  When they go to put on the "damned cape," simply remove the holster, gun still holstered, and place it on the counter next to your chair.  It would still be holstered, not concealed, and still available if need be.

Edit for spelling

Why go throught the trouble of taking holster off? Just remove firearm and set it on the counter. Thats not brandishing.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just hold the cape up and out on the side the gun is on, making it visible, and causing all hair to fall to the other side! lol that might get tiring though.

smithman

imported post

Wear an ankle holster and roll up your pants and you solve all these problems.

Or like someone suggested, have them use a clear cape if they have one.

Passive101

imported post

You know you could just tell them you don't want a cape and don't mind hair on you ;)