Thread: Examiner.com: Sotomayor: the abstract justice?

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

examiner.com —[/i] Sotomayor was asked if she thought about "the right to self-defense," Sotomayor said that she didn't know if "that legal question has been ever presented" and called it an "abstract question." Contrast Sotomayor's response above to Chief Justice John Roberts' forthright "look 'em in the eye and an answer the question" approach at his hearing.

--

Please read, DIGG, and REDDIT this column at http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gu...stract-justice

Post imported post

That woman scares me. Considering her age, I'm guessing she'll do a lot of damage on the supreme court before she retires, assuming she'll be confirmed. How long do you think she'll hang in there, 25 years, maybe 30? Ugh.

Post imported post

But if I'm not mistaken, she's heavy-set if not overweight. What about her family medical history? Anyone in her family have heart disease or other life shortening ailments?

Age isn't theend-all, be-all of longevity. She may very welltrip, fall, and break her neck tomorrow. She might live to be 130 years old.

She's a scary person. I agree with that. I just hope that normal judicial tradition prevails and the balance of the court doesn't change in the nearfuture.