Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bossier Parish Deputy warns that OC will get you arrested

Post imported post

He added that it depended on your attitude when the cop shows up. He said if you "have attitude" and say stuff like "it's my right" then they'll arrest you for disturbing the peace.

I'm planning on emailing the BPSO but I wanted to let you know if you were out that way.

Post imported post

Source? I want/need to be able to reference it when I call to complain. I do most of my shopping (and thus, OC'ing) in Bossier, I've never had a problem.

I don't see anywhere where it says saying "It's my right" will get you arrested: http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=78253

Me thinks they'd have a hard time enforcing/proving/convicting that one. Not to mention opening themselves up to counter lawsuits.

Post imported post

Wanted to verify this before I posted, just got the story from my friend, it's been about 6months and my memory sucks, but I -was- there when this happened:

Me and a friend that got stopped in a store in Bossier parish by a deputy. The deputy first asked him if he was a leo - "No sir" was the reply. Then the deputy TOLD him not to come in the store carrying again, to which my friend replied "No sir, it's my right to open carry in LA.", to which the deputy then replied 'I know but don't do it anyway' - friend said "No sir, I will continue to carry unless the store owner asks me not to."

The deputy said "i'm not gonna argue about this!" and walked away.

-

Moral of the story? They like to try and bully people, that whole "my word is law!" thing, but when faced with someone that KNOWS the law and is respectful / gives them no possible reason to be arrested , they (usually) back down.

Post imported post

Oscarr wrote:
    Source? I want/need to be able to reference it when I call to complain. I do most of my shopping (and thus, OC'ing) in Bossier, I've never had a problem.

I don't see anywhere where it says saying "It's my right" will get you arrested: http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=78253

Me thinks they'd have a hard time enforcing/proving/convicting that one. Not to mention opening themselves up to counter lawsuits.
    Interesting thread re. BPSO, I agree that stating "It's my right" shouldn't get you arrested for DP by"uttering those words" .

Post imported post

You can be arrested/charged for LOTS of things. What the end result is, will vary.

Here's a topic where LouisianaCarry discussed the same topic.

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2052

There used to be one on here to but the search function on this site is garbage.

Post imported post

Oscarr wrote:

During a CHP class at Shooters (www.shootersusallc.com)

Robert Chavis, who did a great job with the class, but for that snippet.

Post imported post

FishingBack wrote:
    During a CHP class at Shooters (http://www.shootersusallc.com)

Thank you!

Post imported post

FishingBack wrote:
    Oscarr wrote:

During a CHP class at Shooters (http://www.shootersusallc.com)

So where did it come from? Who is Robert Chavis is he a LEO. Sounds like another instructor that doesn't know the law.

Post imported post

charlie12 wrote:
    So where did it come from? Who is Robert Chavis is he a LEO. Sounds like another instructor that doesn't know the law.
    According to the first post, he's a deputy.

Post imported post

Oscarr wrote:
    charlie12 wrote:
    According to the first post, he's a deputy.
    So does that mean he was at Shooter USA giving a class or just talking out of his butt?

Sounds like somebody needs to call and ask what he meant by that comment.

I wonder if he was just that dumb or trying to scare people up there.

Post imported post

He taught the class and is a BPSO deputy. He was a good instructor, but for that one quick comment. I didn't bring it up because I wanted to look up some court cases first so I'd know what I was talking about.

Post imported post

FishingBack wrote:
    He taught the class and is a BPSO deputy. He was a good instructor, but for that one quick comment. I didn't bring it up because I wanted to look up some court cases first so I'd know what I was talking about.
    Doesn't sound like he was too good of an instructor if he putting out something we know is not true.

What else is he teaching in the class that might not be true that the students didn't know.

Since you live there call the Sheriff and ask him, tell him one of his men said you would be arrested for it and see what he says. It might save the Sheriff alot of money one day.

Post imported post

I live in Doyline (webster parish) but 99% of my shopping is in Bossier/Shreveort, I'll be contacting them too.

Post imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    And just why would anyone here at opencarry.org be at a concealed carry class in the first place?
    Because he wanted to.

Post imported post

charlie12 wrote:
    And just why would anyone here at opencarry.org be at a concealed carry class in the first place?
    Because he wanted to.
    Some days I wear blue jeans, some days I wear slacks. It's a choice.
    Some days he OC's, some days he CC's. It's a choice.

The original post IS relevant to this forum.

Post imported post

The POST is relevant, but begging for permission to do something is totally opposed to the very concept of freedom.
    True, but some people want to be able to CC and so they have to work within the confines of the law. Just because they chose to CC doesn't mean they cant/dont/wont OC too. They just want options.

Or move to Alaska?

Post imported post

Concealed carry: something currently classified as privileged activity by the state, requiring permission.
    ANY time you ask permission from the state to do anything, you, basically, are enabling the state to claim sovereignty over not just you, but all of us.
    Anything? I take it you don't have a driver's license then?

You can't be working towards getting turned into a right but in the meantime also follow the law and get a CWP if one wanted to?

For the record I don't have a CC, I only OC. Someone else getting a CWP doesn't affect my right to OC at all.

Post imported post

Go ahead, get your CWP, let them fingerprint you, photograph you, catalog you, enjoy your status as a ward of the state.
    ??? Pretty sure I said I don't have CWP.

So, you don't have a driver's license then? You know... photograph, catalog, etc... ask permission to drive on the roads...

Edit: Also, please don't pull the "im sticking my fingers in my ears and ignoring your questions and just gonna call you a sheeple" tactic on me, it causes you to lose all credibility. Answer my questions please. How does someone else getting a CWP affect my right to OC or give the state sovereignty over all of us? If this is actually true and you have some proof/facts on how this is true, you could convince lots of people to stop getting CWPs! Don't withold this vital information from us!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Visiting. I was just visiting.

Post imported post

Go ahead, get your CWP, let them fingerprint you, photograph you, catalog you, enjoy your status as a ward of the state.

Don't they already have all that on you?

Just wondering? Not picking.

Either way my prints, photo and self have been in the system for a good many years. not sure how that's relevant.

Banned

Post imported post

Because it's funk and kinky to go both ways.

Banned

Post imported post

Dustin wrote:
    Either way my prints, photo and self have been in the system for a good many years.
    If you were able, would you have this information deleted from their "system?"

Post imported post

Oscarr wrote:
    So, you don't have a driver's license then? You know... photograph, catalog, etc... ask permission to drive on the roads...

Edit: Also, please don't pull the "im sticking my fingers in my ears and ignoring your questions and just gonna call you a sheeple" tactic on me, it causes you to lose all credibility. Answer my questions please. How does someone else getting a CWP affect my right to OC or give the state sovereignty over all of us? If this is actually true and you have some proof/facts on how this is true, you could convince lots of people to stop getting CWPs! Don't withold this vital information from us!
    ...chirp, chirp... :quirky

Post imported post

smoking357 wrote:
    Dustin wrote:
    Either way my prints, photo and self have been in the system for a good many years.
    If you were able, would you have this information deleted from their "system?"
    Probably.

Although I see the point, I'm not convinced that the big bad wolf government exist to come and take my guns.

Who do you really think is going to take on the task of Gun Confiscation? Isn't that what you want anyway, How dare the Gov. Come and take my guns, why not give them your address?

My point is that I think it is POINTLESS to try and hide your credentials as if that means much anyway. If you haven't figured out it's 2009. I can pull up your street address and phone number right now if I were at home. I could even show you a picture of your house from the road where you sit all day on your PC.

So tell me, what do you really think the LSP have when they get your address(Public Info), & Picture(Public Info)?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Dustin wrote:
    So tell me, what do you really think the LSP have when they get your address(Public Info), & Picture(Public Info)?
    A head start on my'MOST WANTED' poster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast