• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Outrage over nat'l CCW (RE: Thune Amendment) led by Greg Nickels

mtlhdtodd

imported post

Dave,

A small world, I was at the event Sat and then this. I have met the woman killed. She was a friend of a friend of my wife and this has my wife spooked. But now more the ever she understands why I carry and I keep my handgun at arms reach even at home.

Mayor McCheese and the local news outlets are as clueless as ever.

grishnav

imported post

mtlhdtodd wrote:
Dave,

A small world, I was at the event Sat and then this. I have met the woman killed. She was a friend of a friend of my wife and this has my wife spooked. But now more the ever she understands why I carry and I keep my handgun at arms reach even at home.

Mayor McCheese and the local news outlets are as clueless as ever.
Any chance you could get her to come out as pro-gun?

"Friend of murder victim doesn't blame firearms" or "Friend of murder victim obtains CHL"

amlevin

imported post

Since the weapon used in this killing was a knife will Mayor Small Change come out as strong against knives. Lots of kitchen knives used in killings so does that mean that he will try and ban businesses like Williams Sonoma? Will Boy Scouts have to give up their #1 tool?

Wonder what might have been the outcome if one of the victims, or for that matter a neighbor who might have seen the attacker, had been armed with a gun.

Dave Workman

imported post

kwiebe wrote:
What has really disgusted me about this is how the libs have come out and claimed their support of states' rights was a reason they opposed the bill.

:cuss:

That one was priceless. So long as people like Schumer, Feinstein and Lautenberg are on Capitol Hill, I will never be short of things to write about.

:lol:

Solar

imported post

That was rather oblique of them... I did laugh a little harder about what the North Koreans called Hillary Clinton today though. "Funny lady" who "looks like a primary schoolgirl and sometimes a pensioner going shopping". Them is fightin' words.

Vandal

imported post

amlevin wrote:
Dave Workman wrote:
 So long as people like Schumer, Feinstein and Lautenberg are on Capitol Hill, I will never be short of things to write about.

:lol:
The Three Stooges of Capitol Hill.  Maybe they could make movies.

They would end up being horror movies :shock: