• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

abuse of a child by MPD

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

In a couple states this kid could have legally open carried!

Kinda sad that a cop couldn't tell that was a fake gun. You probably wouldn't see a kid running around with a real gun like that, plus it had the orange tip on it.

I hope these people win their case or w/e!

AaronS

imported post

I never did understand why you would give kids real looking toy guns. The real looking ones might just get them killed...

Cops beating on a 12 year old is also a real problem.

gollbladder13

imported post

I would like to submit to evidence exibit A...

SuperSoakerShotgun.jpg

Fully functional Mossberg 500 concealed in a Super Soaker...

Credit to http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1017875&highlight=toy

ETA: my point isn't about the illegid abuse. It's that the kid is lucky to end up with a few bruises rather than a few holes in him. Things aren't adding up. Claims of racial slurs, I hate to admit it but it could be true. But differing reports about the orange tip? Not to mention criminals paint orange tips on real guns (and police-assisted suicidals paint the tips black), there's no possible way of knowing what is and is not real.

JG

imported post

It seems too often we read or see where some goofy cops beat or kick the tar out of someone. Please people lets not pass judgement on all cops. There are a few bad apples in the barrel. Most cops are out there working hard and trying to keep some kind of order in this screwed up society. Im no cop but my son retired from law enforcement after thirty years and my late nieces husband is a cop. They are both pretty good people.

gollbladder13

imported post

JG wrote:
It seems too often we read or see where some goofy cops beat or kick the tar out of someone. Please people lets not pass judgement on all cops. There are a few bad apples in the barrel. Most cops are out there working hard and trying to keep some kind of order in this screwed up society. Im no cop but my son retired from law enforcement after thirty years and my late nieces husband is a cop. They are both pretty good people.
Agreed. I hear all the time about people representing gun owners, and one of the things that I raise my eyebrows to is gun owners who hate cops and express it openly. We are trying to legalize less strictguns laws. How will it be viewed if gun owners who are supposed to be law-abiding citizens chastize those who uphold those very laws?

I agree there are a few "less-than-perfect" cops, but generalizing will only get us into more trouble.

That being said, I don't mean to sound hypocritical and generalize all gun owners as cop-haters, since most I have talked to respect LEOs. We just shouldn't be so quick to judge until all the details come out.

BTW, I'm applying to PDs as we speak... :)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

gollbladder13 wrote:
Best wishes in your new career.

Please take the 4th and 5th Amendment to heart. Sadly, I have a feeling you will only be trained on the LE perspective. Please take a moment to look deeper and obtain a very well-rounded view. Including a historical perspective that takes into account just what it really cost across the last ten centuries to obtain the rights we have today.

Its a real eye-opener to discover how many people suffered without them, how many people suffered to get them, what it really took to mobilize enough opinion and enough might to defy kings and getrights, one by one,recognized at law. Courage, fortitude, torture,beheadings, civil wars. The costs were tremendous.

Please.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

JG wrote:
Agreed as well. I'm sure most are good, but some give cops a bad name. :( But I do have respect for most, but then again, I've never really had any problems where they would make me think otherwise, so I hope that never happens!

I actually wanted to be a cop for quite a while, but ended up changing to an IT program and graduating from that.

gollbladder13

imported post

Citizen wrote:
gollbladder13 wrote:
Best wishes in your new career.

Please take the 4th and 5th Amendment to heart. Sadly, I have a feeling you will only be trained on the LE perspective. Please take a moment to look deeper and obtain a very well-rounded view. Including a historical perspective that takes into account just what it really cost across the last ten centuries to obtain the rights we have today.

Its a real eye-opener to discover how many people suffered without them, how many people suffered to get them, what it really took to mobilize enough opinion and enough might to defy kings and getrights, one by one,recognized at law. Courage, fortitude, torture,beheadings, civil wars. The costs were tremendous.

Please.

Thank you for the wishes and I already have begun to, and will continue, to make sure I am well-rounded and as educated and unbiased in as many categories as possible, especially those which pertain to basic human rights as Americans.

Yes, I will be trained with the LEO perspective (I imagine), but the last time I learned only what was taught in school, I couldn't even drive yet! While in college, I didn't do any learning on campus. It was all in personal experiences and outside "quests for knowledge".

skamp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

JG gollbladder13

im not trying to say that all cops are bad.. and am not trying to get a cop hater thread going. im just trying to show that some cops overreact when weapons are involved. they need to get used to people exercising the right to defend themselves. and if noone is commiting a crime.. do the mall cop thing.. observe and report thats it.