• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Keep hitting this poll on open carry in Colorado!

jbird

imported post

Looks like 70 to 30 in our favor ATM. I don't live in Colorado, but voted anyway. If the results keep going our way, this poll will probably be buried quickly.

Jay

Trailmaster

imported post

Thanks Mike for makin this top of the pile!

Was only 450 votes this morn with 70%, current count is 1011, with 75.9%.

Tex

imported post

1187 votes with 79% in favor of gun owners carrying. How many polls will it take for the left to realize we outnumber them drastically!!! I don't think I've seen a poll where our numbers weren't at last 75% or better

Tex

imported post

1662 respondents and it's now 80.20% in favor of open carry. Keep hitting this poll!!!

cyndyd

imported post

So I'm trying to figure out why anyone wants to carry concealed. It's not a self-defense issue, which is the main justification I've seen. Can someone tell me why there is a right to concealed carry as opposed to open carry.

This is an area I've just started to research, so please be as basic as you need to be.

protias

imported post

cyndyd wrote:
So I'm trying to figure out why anyone wants to carry concealed. It's not a self-defense issue, which is the main justification I've seen. Can someone tell me why there is a right to concealed carry as opposed to open carry.

This is an area I've just started to research, so please be as basic as you need to be.
CC is nice, especially during the winter.

Note, I support all forms of carry and I don't see any reason for permits. The 2nd Amendment gives me the authority to carry and protect myself.

cyndyd

imported post

I'm sure CC is nice, but that doesn't provide justification. At this point I would have to say that I don't support concealed carry; somebody convince me otherwise? This has nothing to do with a strict interpretation of the 2nd amendment.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

cyndyd wrote:
I'm sure CC is nice, but that doesn't provide justification.  At this point I would have to say that I don't support concealed carry; somebody convince me otherwise?  This has nothing to do with a strict interpretation of the 2nd amendment.

Not sure what you mean... and this might do better in its own thread.