• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bardstown Wally World......

TheMrMitch

imported post

Needed some goodies from Wally World and, of course, open carried. NO ONE EVEN TOOK A SECOND LOOK......until I came upon a young stock boy in the BB gunaisle.

I had some BBs and he asked if it was for theBB gun on my hip (Glock 21). He was nice and kinda curious, not snotty. Had two friends with him watching him stock.

I proceeded to tell all three the laws of carrying open in Ky including WW. They indicated when they turned 21 they were going to OC.Talk about apleasant surprise when I informed them about carrying at 18! Three well acting young'uns!

I left feeling good after meeting some teens who weren't punks.:dude:

8th ID

imported post

Teens who weren't punks??? Where?? :DI'm 43 and feel much older, because at the fair last weekend, I saw several teens with several holes in their faces:shock:I'm not sure if they were trying to make an independent statement with their piercings or were going fishing later with their faces!

At the last OCCracker barrel outing here in Lexington, I was waiting in line to pay and heard a guy say, "there's Wyatt Earp." I'm not sure if he was talking about me or one of the other guys. Or maybe he was just nervous. I didn't engage him, because I felt he wanted to engage me in an argument, etc.

KY_CCDW

imported post

8th ID wrote:
Teens who weren't punks??? Where?? :DI'm 43 and feel much older, because at the fair last weekend, I saw several teens with several holes in their faces:shock:I'm not sure if they were trying to make an independent statement with their piercings or were going fishing later with their faces!

At the last OCCracker barrel outing here in Lexington, I was waiting in line to pay and heard a guy say, "there's Wyatt Earp." I'm not sure if he was talking about me or one of the other guys. Or maybe he was just nervous. I didn't engage him, because I felt he wanted to engage me in an argument, etc.
From what little I know about him, I'd take that as a compliment!

Statesman

imported post

8th ID wrote:

I think you did the right thing by not confronting him on his insult. If they want to make an issue of it, they can get your attention, and then hurl the insult. It's best to just ignore these fools.

On second thought, maybe a good one line rebuttal may be warranted for the Wyatt Earp comment. "Is that the best you have?"