Thread: Open carry possibly humorously

Post imported post

If an opque cloth or nonholster materiel covers your gun that is concealed.

Conversly if your gun is in plain site for all to see and you not brandishing it by legal definition That is open carry.

There by if my gun is in plain site at all times and I am carring it and it is in a transparent plastic case. Is that open or concealed carry.

I think I read to much Zen lately

Oh don't over think this one OK?
    The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.

Dalai Lama

http://www.generalnewsgroup.com/

Post imported post

In that hypothetical circumstance, you don't have the protection of the AG opinion regarding holster use not being brandishing. So I think you'd potentially face a brandishing charge if a cop was mad.

Otherwise, I'd say it's simple transport if unloaded, just like in a regular case, and open carry if it is loaded.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

LaVere wrote:
    SNIP There by if my gun is in plain site at all times and I am carring it and it is in a transparent plastic case. Is that open or concealed carry.

It depends on whether the viewer has achieved the spiritual ablilityto see what is before him.

Among heathens, idol worshippers, and so forth, it could very well be concealed--by them, from themselves.

From thosefollowing TheWayit could not remain hidden.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I'll take concealed for a thousand, Alex.

All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

LaVere wrote:
    If an opque cloth or nonholster materiel covers your gun that is concealed.

Conversly if your gun is in plain site for all to see and you not brandishing it by legal definition That is open carry.

There by if my gun is in plain site at all times and I am carring it and it is in a transparent plastic case. Is that open or concealed carry.

Oh don't over think this one OK?
    Some holsters are made of plastic.... With clips to hold the gun into the holster.... it would throw people off if you used a clear plastic holster...

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    LaVere wrote:
    SNIP There by if my gun is in plain site at all times and I am carring it and it is in a transparent plastic case. Is that open or concealed carry.

It depends on whether the viewer has achieved the spiritual ablilityto see what is before him.

Among heathens, idol worshippers, and so forth, it could very well be concealed--by them, from themselves.

Oh! I like this.
    The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.

Dalai Lama

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

I had an idea of having a holster covered in denim. It would blend into your jeans. Stealthy OCing?
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    I had an idea of having a holster covered in denim. It would blend into your jeans. Stealthy OCing?
    Only if you are a "trained observer". To anyone else you would be a "felon".
    United we STAND!

Post imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    Only if you are a "trained observer". To anyone else you would be a "felon".
    i agree with jeff.... Should i give you a case number?

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    In that hypothetical circumstance, you don't have the protection of the AG opinion regarding holster use not being brandishing. So I think you'd potentially face a brandishing charge if a cop was mad.

Otherwise, I'd say it's simple transport if unloaded, just like in a regular case, and open carry if it is loaded.
    This could be interesting. Get a clear plastic case and carry your unloaded gun around and see what reaction one may get.

So if it is in a clear case and loaded it could be open carry. And if it is in a opaque case and loaded it could beconcealed carry.

I not to sure about the brandishing thing. If you never opened the case, handle the gun and you didn't shove the clear case in some one face and threaten them with its use.

Ohmmmmmmm Ohmmmmmmmm

Dalai Lama

Post imported post

hmmmm, I dunno, but maybee dont poke the bear?

I know that poking the bear is our responsibility, but this isnt the place, you will probably be looked at as someone trying to pick a fight with the system. Save that for something a little more substantial, that may lead to real change in law.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

LaVere wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    LaVere wrote:

Oh! I like this.
    Excellent, young Aspirant. Your affinity shows youhave grasped a fundamental.

Realize there are illusionsoverlaying illusions. Layers of illusion, layers of reality.

The heathen and idol worshipper has lost the ability to see even the illusion. Next you must aquire the ability tosee through the illusion.

As you strip away the layers you will discover the Truth: there is no gun.

The ultimateconcealed weapon.

Here is an example to help you understand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXKFTzlBziI

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I forgot what topic I posted it in, but I said I would get back to folks on Senator (name redacted) response to my question about the legal differences carrying versus transporting (in a vehicle). At last update, his legal advisers were looking into it.

I received an email from him a few days ago... but to be honest, I've been too busy to research the information provided. I'll get to it this weekend though.

But right off the cuff, I worry it may not get us any closer to understanding, as it appears he has referenced several MCL's and an MSP statement. I'm sure we've already combed through all of those. What I was really seeking was an AG opinion... I don't think we've got that yet.

But then again, I could be wrong. Afterall, I only briefly perused the email so far. So the jury is still out.

Details to follow.

Edited to Add: Removed Senators name... for my own reasons.

Post imported post

According to the attorney general's opinion, it doesn't seem that having a pistol that is visible would be considered "concealed" According to the opinion, the firearm would have to be not just difficultfor one tonotice, but IMPOSSIBLE

"The statute does not mean or import that no part of the weapons
    should be concealed, but the offense is only committed when the
    weapon is so concealed that it is impossible for one approaching in
    view of the person carrying the weapon to see any part of it.....'

here is a link to the opinion.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/usr/wba...ns/MI_3158.txt
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.