• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry possibly humorously

LaVere

imported post

If an opque cloth or nonholster materiel covers your gun that is concealed.

Conversly if your gun is in plain site for all to see and you not brandishing it by legal definition That is open carry.

There by if my gun is in plain site at all times and I am carring it and it is in a transparent plastic case. Is that open or concealed carry.

I think I read to much Zen lately :D

Oh don't over think this one OK?

Michigander

imported post

In that hypothetical circumstance, you don't have the protection of the AG opinion regarding holster use not being brandishing. So I think you'd potentially face a brandishing charge if a cop was mad.

Otherwise, I'd say it's simple transport if unloaded, just like in a regular case, and open carry if it is loaded.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LaVere wrote:
SNIP There by if my gun is in plain site at all times and I am carring it and it is in a transparent plastic case. Is that open or concealed carry.

It depends on whether the viewer has achieved the spiritual ablilityto see what is before him.

Among heathens, idol worshippers, and so forth, it could very well be concealed--by them, from themselves.

From thosefollowing TheWayit could not remain hidden.

:D

THway

imported post

LaVere wrote:
If an opque cloth or nonholster materiel covers your gun that is concealed.

Conversly if your gun is in plain site for all to see and you not brandishing it by legal definition That is open carry.

There by if my gun is in plain site at all times and I am carring it and it is in a transparent plastic case. Is that open or concealed carry.

Oh don't over think this one OK?

Some holsters are made of plastic.... With clips to hold the gun into the holster.... it would throw people off if you used a clear plastic holster...:cool:

LaVere

imported post

Citizen wrote:
LaVere wrote:
SNIP There by if my gun is in plain site at all times and I am carring it and it is in a transparent plastic case. Is that open or concealed carry.

It depends on whether the viewer has achieved the spiritual ablilityto see what is before him.

Among heathens, idol worshippers, and so forth, it could very well be concealed--by them, from themselves.

Oh! I like this.

LaVere

imported post

Michigander wrote:
In that hypothetical circumstance, you don't have the protection of the AG opinion regarding holster use not being brandishing. So I think you'd potentially face a brandishing charge if a cop was mad.

Otherwise, I'd say it's simple transport if unloaded, just like in a regular case, and open carry if it is loaded.

This could be interesting. Get a clear plastic case and carry your unloaded gun around and see what reaction one may get. :cool:

So if it is in a clear case and loaded it could be open carry. And if it is in a opaque case and loaded it could beconcealed carry. :question:

I not to sure about the brandishing thing. If you never opened the case, handle the gun and you didn't shove the clear case in some one face and threaten them with its use.

Ohmmmmmmm Ohmmmmmmmm :D

hercprsound

imported post

hmmmm, I dunno, but maybee dont poke the bear?

I know that poking the bear is our responsibility, but this isnt the place, you will probably be looked at as someone trying to pick a fight with the system. Save that for something a little more substantial, that may lead to real change in law.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LaVere wrote:
Citizen wrote:
LaVere wrote:

Oh! I like this.

Excellent, young Aspirant. Your affinity shows youhave grasped a fundamental.

Realize there are illusionsoverlaying illusions. Layers of illusion, layers of reality.

The heathen and idol worshipper has lost the ability to see even the illusion. Next you must aquire the ability tosee through the illusion.

As you strip away the layers you will discover the Truth: there is no gun.

The ultimateconcealed weapon.

Here is an example to help you understand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXKFTzlBziI

Veritas

imported post

I forgot what topic I posted it in, but I said I would get back to folks on Senator (name redacted) response to my question about the legal differences carrying versus transporting (in a vehicle). At last update, his legal advisers were looking into it.

I received an email from him a few days ago... but to be honest, I've been too busy to research the information provided. I'll get to it this weekend though.

But right off the cuff, I worry it may not get us any closer to understanding, as it appears he has referenced several MCL's and an MSP statement. I'm sure we've already combed through all of those. What I was really seeking was an AG opinion... I don't think we've got that yet.

But then again, I could be wrong. Afterall, I only briefly perused the email so far. So the jury is still out.

Details to follow.

Edited to Add: Removed Senators name... for my own reasons.

lapeer20m

imported post

According to the attorney general's opinion, it doesn't seem that having a pistol that is visible would be considered "concealed" According to the opinion, the firearm would have to be not just difficultfor one tonotice, but IMPOSSIBLE

"The statute does not mean or import that no part of the weapons
should be concealed, but the offense is only committed when the
weapon is so concealed that it is impossible for one approaching in
view of the person carrying the weapon to see any part of it.....'

here is a link to the opinion.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/usr/wbardwel/public/nfalist/agopinions/MI_3158.txt