Thread: Confused and need confirmation

Post imported post

If I'm reading the law correctly then if a person has a CPL they can open carry in an establishment with a license to sell liquor. Such as restaurants with a separate bar section (Applebees et al) or party stores that sell liquor. The law does not stipulate that "concealed carry" is required.

Correct?

Sometimes reading and rereading the convoluted laws gives me a headache.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

At a business that makes the majority of its money selling alcohol for on premises consumption, (a bar) a CPL holder is REQUIRED to open carry, if carry at all. The same goes for all of the other concealed carry free zones, which I call criminal empowerment zones.

At liquor licensed establishments where you can't drink on site, or where they make only a small margin of profit on booze, a CPL holder may OC or CC.

If you don't have a CPL, or if you aren't carrying it and your license, don't carry ANYWHERE that sells booze.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Bikenut wrote:
    If I'm reading the law correctly then if a person has a CPL they can open carry in an establishment with a license to sell liquor. Such as restaurants with a separate bar section (Applebees et al) or party stores that sell liquor. The law does not stipulate that "concealed carry" is required.

Correct?

Sometimes reading and rereading the convoluted laws gives me a headache.
    As Michigander stated. With a CPL you can CC in a place that sells liquor by the glass if their liquor sales are not the majority of their total sales. So most family restaurants like Applebees you can conceal. If you have a CPL you can OC in ANY place that has a liquor license.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Thank you for clearing up my confusion! I thought that is what the law meant.

Dang legalesse! Sometimes after reading more than 2 sections, with subsections, of law my brain starts emitting sparks and just locks up.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.