• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry

iownagn-gs

imported post

I've heard of "Open Carry" organization and was surprised to even have been able to register without being asked to sign up for a membership, unless I missed the fine print somewhere? I joined USCCA around March of this year, but must admit I carry without the intent to conceal. I've heard of some nasty stories of some Police officers mishandling situations when confronted with persons that "open carry". I usually wear my shirt out and unbuttoned. I guess that qualifies for half conceal, half OC. I had been following the Orange County fiasco with Sheriff Sandra Hutchins and her quest to take away previously, legally issued permits to its citizens. The last meeting of supervisors I believe was in January with calls for her resignation. I myself take the 2nd ammendment very seriously. Hopefully, things will improve for us. I haven't heard the latest concerning state reciprocity for OC for all?

I'm glad to hear from both of you, nice to have close neighbors in a common interest.

I retired from Local 95 Operating Engineers year and half ago and am able to get around easily. Wife works and my daughter will be attending Boyce in the fall.

Maybe sometime can get together and chat at the Dunkin Donuts on 22 in Murraysville.

Walt

RenegadePhoenix

imported post

Walt, sounds good to me, love the DD on 22. was upset when they did the remodle two years ago.where did you work before retirement? i'm down at the Airbrake in Wilmerding....good ole Wabtec/Wabco. currently i'm on disability due to an injury sustained at work. but i should be able to head back tolight duty work soon.

if your looking for a good club to join, i highly reccomend Pitcairn Monroeville Sportsmans club.

iownagn-gs

imported post

Ah, those accidents! I was on disability a total of five times in the 28 years I worked, which was at Shuman Detention Center, Allegheny County. I made Lead Engineer in '95 and retired 12-31-07, took the buyout Onorato offered. Hope your situaton was not too serious. One of my cousins husband worked at the Airbrake years ago. He passed away over ten years ago. You probably don't know him, but his name was John Cain. I think he was one of the machinists.

What's your first name, by the way?

walt

RenegadePhoenix

imported post

Walt, my injury is from a slip and fall on ice in the parking lot. hit my head off my running bar of my truck and got knocked out. now i'm dealing with upper back and neck injuries.

i don't know your friend, i've only been at the airbrake for 3.5 years, before then i worked in firearms retail at some major chain stores for 10 years.

have a good one

Chris