• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NJ Governor to Honest Gun Owners: You're Potential Criminals/Threat to Public Safety

cyberdogg

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Corzine to Millions of Honest Gun Owners: You're Potential Criminals and a Threat to Public Safety

It's a common knowledge among vigilant gun owners and CCWers New Jersey is one of the most restrictive states in the nation when it comes to gun rights.

I vow to never visit Garden State as long as it treats citizens and visitors like slave-subjects with gun rights deliberately difficult to obtain, restricted and denied.

NJ is a "may issue" state, yet Ordinary Joe/Jane's CCW application is routinely denied except for some qualified judges, retired LEOs and those with connections i.e. "requirement" of power, prestige and wealth not unlike rare and elusive "unrestricted" carry NYC permit.

Photo of NJ Gov Jon Corzine...

shad0wfax

imported post

A quote by the NJ Governor from this press release with emphasis added.

I urge every lawmaker, every citizen in favor of local control of our safety and security, to make their voices heard in opposing this so-called "Respecting State's Rights and Concealed and Carry Reciprocity Act.["] It does not respect state's rights, in fact, it endangers the safety of law-abiding Americans throughout New Jersey, and throughout this great nation by effectively nullifying state laws for non-residents.

It's my impression that he feels personally threatened by lawfully armed citizens and therefore wishes to maintain his stranglehold on firearms in his state. (Sorry Guv, 2nd amendment guarantees the right of the people to keep and bear arms and the 10th amendment reserves that right for the people, not the state. The state gets to run the militia, the people get to keep the guns.)

Passing of the amendment would compromise the safety and security of all Americans and strip away ‘state's rights' regarding gun control laws, by prohibiting a state from enforcing its own public safety laws, argued Governor Corzine.

If he's so concerned with state's rights, why isn't he adamantly supporting the various sovereignty bills and firearms manufacturer's freedom bills floating around our union?

Senator Lautenberg, NJ said:

Trumping state laws to allow concealed weapons to be carried by almost anybody in any state is an egregious threat to communities across the country. This amendment is another attempt by the gun lobby to put its radical agenda ahead of safety and security in our communities. We are going to fight to make sure New Jersey and other states have the right to protect their residents with common-sense laws and regulations.

Again, now the Democrats are upset about the federal government potentially trampling on state's rights. What's so sickening is that they're all for the National Firearms Act of 1934 and the Gun Control Act of 1968. This is the same guy who probably shed tears when the Assault Weapons Ban of 1994 sunset back in '04. Where were our staunch supporters of the 10th amendment and state's rights then?

These politicians are all hypocrites.

TFred

imported post

Wow that New Jersey is one seriously messed up state. It's really no wonder they don't want the law-abiding citizens to have guns.

http://www.reuters.com/article/bondsNews/idUSN2340189320090723

UPDATE 1-Mayors, rabbis arrested in NJ corruption probe
Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:17pm EDT

* Three New Jersey mayors arrested in corruption case

* Several rabbis, local politicians also among 44 arrested

* Case about corruption and international money laundering (Adds details)

By Ellen Wulfhorst

NEW YORK, July 23 (Reuters) - Three New Jersey mayors and several rabbis were arrested on Thursday in a sweeping federal investigation into political corruption that also uncovered human kidney sales and money laundering from Brooklyn to Israel, authorities said.

Among the 44 people arrested were Hoboken Mayor Peter Cammarano, who took office 23 days ago.

Cammarano, at 31 the city's youngest mayor, was charged with taking $25,000 in bribes, including $10,000 last Thursday, said the U.S. Attorney's office in Newark, New Jersey.

The case exposed "a corrupt network of public officials who were all too willing to take cash in exchange for promised official action," Acting U.S. Attorney Ralph Marra said in a statement. "It seemed that everyone wanted a piece of the action. The corruption was widespread and pervasive."

Central to the investigation was an informant who was charged with bank fraud in 2006 and posed undercover as a real estate developer and owner of a tile business hoping to build projects and win public contracts in northern New Jersey, according to documents in the case.

The undercover witness helped infiltrate a money-laundering network by rabbis who operated between Brooklyn, Deal, New Jersey, and Israel and laundered millions of dollars through charitable nonprofit entities controlled by rabbis in New York and New Jersey, authorities said.

They laundered some $3 million for the undercover witness between June 2007 and July 2009, authorities said.

Julio La Rosa, acting special agent in charge of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service, said while traditional money laundering was once confined to narcotics traffickers and organized crime, "based on the allegations contained in today's complaints, money laundering has no boundaries and impacts every segment of our society."

HUMAN KIDNEY SALES

Rabbis accused of money-laundering were Eliahu Ben Haim, the principal rabbi of a synagogue in Deal; Saul Kassin, chief rabbi of a synagogue in Brooklyn; Edmund Nahum, the principal rabbi of another synagogue in Deal; and Mordchai Fish, a rabbi at a synagogue in Brooklyn.

Most of the defendants were arrested early on Thursday by federal agents.

One of the many criminal complaints filed in the case also accused a Brooklyn man, Levy Izhak Rosenbaum, with conspiring to broker the sale of a human kidney for a transplant, at a cost of $160,000 to the transplant recipient.

According to the complaint, Rosenbaum said he had been brokering the sale of kidneys for 10 years.

The undercover witness also helped infiltrate the huge public corruption scheme, authorities said.

A slew of public officials, council and mayoral candidates and associates took bribes for pledging their help in getting projects prioritized and approved or steering contracts to the witness, authorities said.

Accused were Secaucus Mayor Dennis Elwell, state Assemblyman Daniel Van Pelt and Jersey City Deputy Mayor Leona Beldini, according to the U.S. Attorney's office.

Also named were state assemblymen L. Harvey Smith, and Daniel Van Pelt, who were charged with accepting bribes.

Elwell was charged with taking a $10,000 cash bribe, and Anthony Suarez, mayor of Ridgefield, was charged with agreeing to accept a $10,000 corrupt cash payment.

Beldini, Jersey City deputy mayor, was charged with taking $20,000 in illegal contributions. (Editing by Doina Chiacu)

Huck

imported post

TFred wrote:
Wow that New Jersey is one seriously messed up state. It's really no wonder they don't want the law-abiding citizens to have guns.

http://www.reuters.com/article/bondsNews/idUSN2340189320090723

UPDATE 1-Mayors, rabbis arrested in NJ corruption probe
Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:17pm EDT

* Three New Jersey mayors arrested in corruption case

* Several rabbis, local politicians also among 44 arrested

* Case about corruption and international money laundering (Adds details)

By Ellen Wulfhorst

NEW YORK, July 23 (Reuters) - Three New Jersey mayors and several rabbis were arrested on Thursday in a sweeping federal investigation into political corruption that also uncovered human kidney sales and money laundering from Brooklyn to Israel, authorities said.

Among the 44 people arrested were Hoboken Mayor Peter Cammarano, who took office 23 days ago.

Cammarano, at 31 the city's youngest mayor, was charged with taking $25,000 in bribes, including $10,000 last Thursday, said the U.S. Attorney's office in Newark, New Jersey.

The case exposed "a corrupt network of public officials who were all too willing to take cash in exchange for promised official action," Acting U.S. Attorney Ralph Marra said in a statement. "It seemed that everyone wanted a piece of the action. The corruption was widespread and pervasive."

Central to the investigation was an informant who was charged with bank fraud in 2006 and posed undercover as a real estate developer and owner of a tile business hoping to build projects and win public contracts in northern New Jersey, according to documents in the case.

The undercover witness helped infiltrate a money-laundering network by rabbis who operated between Brooklyn, Deal, New Jersey, and Israel and laundered millions of dollars through charitable nonprofit entities controlled by rabbis in New York and New Jersey, authorities said.

They laundered some $3 million for the undercover witness between June 2007 and July 2009, authorities said.

Julio La Rosa, acting special agent in charge of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service, said while traditional money laundering was once confined to narcotics traffickers and organized crime, "based on the allegations contained in today's complaints, money laundering has no boundaries and impacts every segment of our society."

HUMAN KIDNEY SALES

Rabbis accused of money-laundering were Eliahu Ben Haim, the principal rabbi of a synagogue in Deal; Saul Kassin, chief rabbi of a synagogue in Brooklyn; Edmund Nahum, the principal rabbi of another synagogue in Deal; and Mordchai Fish, a rabbi at a synagogue in Brooklyn.

Most of the defendants were arrested early on Thursday by federal agents.

One of the many criminal complaints filed in the case also accused a Brooklyn man, Levy Izhak Rosenbaum, with conspiring to broker the sale of a human kidney for a transplant, at a cost of $160,000 to the transplant recipient.

According to the complaint, Rosenbaum said he had been brokering the sale of kidneys for 10 years.

The undercover witness also helped infiltrate the huge public corruption scheme, authorities said.

A slew of public officials, council and mayoral candidates and associates took bribes for pledging their help in getting projects prioritized and approved or steering contracts to the witness, authorities said.

Accused were Secaucus Mayor Dennis Elwell, state Assemblyman Daniel Van Pelt and Jersey City Deputy Mayor Leona Beldini, according to the U.S. Attorney's office.

Also named were state assemblymen L. Harvey Smith, and Daniel Van Pelt, who were charged with accepting bribes.

Elwell was charged with taking a $10,000 cash bribe, and Anthony Suarez, mayor of Ridgefield, was charged with agreeing to accept a $10,000 corrupt cash payment.

Beldini, Jersey City deputy mayor, was charged with taking $20,000 in illegal contributions. (Editing by Doina Chiacu)
I'll bet that "speeding without a seatbelt on"Corzine is working like hell to insulate himself from this. I'll also bet that, even if he was'nt directly involved, he knew about it.

KS_to_CA

imported post

Here's my personal opinion.

NJ politicians are potential felons who launder money and sell organs, they are potential womanizers, they are potentially idiots who don't know the difference between left and right, they are potential drunk drivers, and thieves and liars. Just by being politicians.

How does that sound to you, Honorable Mayor?

A right granted, let me take that back, a pre-existing right recognized as such by the US Constitution and reiterated as such by the US Supreme Court is over and above the opinion of one mayor. Or two. Or three.

The US Constitution will be staying here for a very, very long time. Mayors may be gone next term. Which is right around the corner...

BillMCyrus

imported post

Politicians and senior LE who advocate and force disarmament of the public for their own political gain are morally no different than cannibals, lacking concern for the lives and safety of their fellow human beings. The definition of a sociopath is one who has no conscience or adherence to right and wrong--this Corzine character clearly qualifies on that.

crisisweasel

imported post

I was born and raised in New Jersey. Went to Rutgers. Got a job with one of its most well-known employers...

Left when I was 26.

I'm never going back.

To say everything about New Jersey is horrible would be an exaggeration. To say most things are horrible would be about right.

But I will say that I met my first Libertarians in New Jersey when I was 19 or so, and they changed the whole way I looked at people, and the world. There are some good people in New Jersey with a lot of fight in 'em and we should recognize that and provide encouragement where possible. I expect there may be a lot of Second Amendment supporters on these forums who read about the liberties we have in other states and it just hurts, and I sympathize. Sometimes you can't just pick up and leave.

Whether or not the Garden State recognizes the rights of individuals, those rights still exists, no matter what the miserable waste of a government there says.

A lot of people in that state deserve better.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

crisisweasel wrote:
I was born and raised in New Jersey. Went to Rutgers. Got a job with one of its most well-known employers...

Left when I was 26.

I'm never going back.

To say everything about New Jersey is horrible would be an exaggeration. To say most things are horrible would be about right.

But I will say that I met my first Libertarians in New Jersey when I was 19 or so, and they changed the whole way I looked at people, and the world. There are some good people in New Jersey with a lot of fight in 'em and we should recognize that and provide encouragement where possible. I expect there may be a lot of Second Amendment supporters on these forums who read about the liberties we have in other states and it just hurts, and I sympathize. Sometimes you can't just pick up and leave.

Whether or not the Garden State recognizes the rights of individuals, those rights still exists, no matter what the miserable waste of a government there says.

Very well stated, my friend. I'm a native Virginian so that is my point of reference. It has to be difficult for those who live in restrictive states when they long for the freedom we in the more open states enjoy.

milkmanjoe

imported post

crisisweasel wrote:

Left when I was 26.

I'm never going back.

I, too, was raised in New Jersey....and I too, left and won't go back. New Jersey has plenty of good to it, but man oh man does it have plenty of bad. I have friends who own rifles and shotguns who haven't hunted in decades. Pistols that get cleaned and put away. It is a place that is totally restricted. The cops are rude and very, very self absorbed. People have a genuine fear of "County Mounties" as they have a reputation for being tougher than "Staties"(state police). The Governor is a perfect mirror image of theNew Jerseyaura, and it not a happy place. Yes, alot of people in New Jersey deserve better, they also need to pull their strengths, organize, and fight for their rights.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

I guess he is worried with all the crooks holding office in NJ, an armed rebellion
is looking more like a done deal soon.

In his defense, gun control does work at least for mayors, he had to drug overdose
because no pistols availlible to do the right thing.
Now where is the investigation of his doctors records?

Myself I think he had the goods on higher ups, and if it was good enough
for the kennedies to take out monroe, it was good enough for the gov.

sprat

imported post

Flintlock wrote:
cyberdogg wrote:

Let me rewrite it for him...

Corzine to Thousands of Greedy and Irrational Politicians in America: You're Potential Criminals and a Threat to Public Safety.

Yeah, that's about right.

tomorrow this clown is going to sign the one gun a month bill, despite the fact that it take's over a month to obtain a pistol permit, what a jerk and the idiots who voted for this clown. I got the NRA update today

sprat