• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AKRON AREA OC Get togther?

BCinOH

imported post

I'm in Cleveland, but if you got a sufficient number of folks (say half a dozen or so) together, I wouldn't mind joining you guys. Try over at the OFCC forums too. :)

Phssthpok

imported post

I'll be in Kidron next week. I wouldn't be against a short drive to Akron to meet some of the locals.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
I was looking online at where Kindron is and dude thats far,It looks like its about 2 hours away,am I right?
Here's how you can find out:

http://maps.google.com/

If you use it you will find it's only 1 1/4 hours away.

In case you weren't aware, the internet is a great thing.

You're welcome in advance.

Phssthpok

imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
I was looking online at where Kindron is and dude thats far,It looks like its about 2 hours away,am I right?
Quitcher whining... I'm coming in from Portland OREGON.:p

I was thinking more in terms of meeting in Akron... that would make it about midway between Kidron and Cleveland.

Bustelo5%

imported post

Thanks Im from Hawaii and I have no clue where sh@# is here in Ohio.

Yeah thats sweet I live in Kent but work in Kenmore portage lakes area im gonna try to get togther some people but I dont know many people here who carry.

Shrewd 1

imported post

I live in Dover. It's about 25 minutes South of the Football Hall of Fame. I would be interested in a get together if you can round up about half a dozen people.

mid561

imported post

Hello all, I am new to this site and have been reading a lot of the posts before. I would love to see a "group" started in Akron, I live the next town over lol.

I have had afew conversations with LEO's and a retired Akron Detective as well as a LEO cousin in a different state, all think oc'ing is a bad idea, but I will post on that at another time.

mid561

Bustelo5%

imported post

Hey thanks for the reply mid 561 I finish my second job on aug 7th so anytime after that we all should get tother anytime in the month of aug. Im still waiting on my schedule from my security gig.
Any thoughts on what would be a good place to get togther thats oc friendly?

Bustelo5%

imported post

Hey thanks for the reply mid 561 I finish my second job on aug 7th so anytime after that we all should get tother anytime in the month of aug. Im still waiting on my schedule from my security gig.
Any thoughts on what would be a good place to get togther thats oc friendly?

mid561

imported post

Hello, Bustelo5%.

I am still new to this idea, I have not oc'd yet and I still have some reservations. Does one need to notify LEO's of such an event?

mid561

Bustelo5%

imported post

Well I would involve them if we were doing a walk something community related,but when its just getting togther to have coffee at like starbucks or something not one bit.
Does anyone know if Borders or Seattles best or starbucks Cuyahoga falls is OC friendly?
I dont ever oc in Cuyahoga falls I dont have time to kick it there often.

Honestly Mid561 there is nothing to fret OC is fine in our area and even in Kent the most hippie commie place in all of ohio. So if you dont own a fire arm go buy one and magazine shuffle it in and out of the car and if Wal mart is the only place you can go that is oc friendly do it.
Enough people OCD in AKron and they got someone from the police dept to put out a memo so thats really good progress in our area.PLus I forget who it is but there is another guy who live in CYA that OCs also I think his name is pauly he is pretty cool.

mid561

imported post

Hi Bustelo5%,

I just read an article on another web site from a guy who says he oc's all the time in "The Falls" it was interesting. I do have a smith 5906 and a holster that should be fine for ocing (need a spare mag pouch though lol).

The guy's handle on the other site is lunchboxfett. He says "its not an issue" in his post. I would like to chat with himover a cup of coffee some time.

mid561

Bustelo5%

imported post

I wouldnt be suprised if its the same guy idk. I need to learn how to start a gun shop because Pro Guns prices are out of control. Idk why its so hard to find a 45 thats not complete crap for around 250. I wanna stop having to carry this POS hi point lol better than nothing at least it shoots.
Hey dudes weather its two people or what ever how about the monday the 10th of Aug to have coffee say starbucks in Cuyahoga Falls,OH

mid561

imported post

Hey Bustelo5% Sounds like a good idea, it would have to be around 7:00 or 8:00 pm. Lol about the High Point, there is a gun show comming up on August 22, & 23rd in Berea.

mid561

Bustelo5%

imported post

Hey ill give you a private message and give you my phone number.I still gotta go see if star bucks or seattle best has weapons control signs I just dont ever drive on 8 anymore.
You know thats a really good idea,I have never actually been to a gun show,im a little apprehensive since you dont really know where they got the gun in the first place,but all that said id defintly like to check it out.
I thought Tallmadege was supposed to have one soon I gotta check the websight.
Yeah my hi point does its job but if they would manufacture them right with that one piece I cannot remember the name but that part polished so you dont gotta drive 1500 bullets into the thing so it wont jam then I think it would be a great gun.

mid561

imported post

Hey Bustelo5% I bought my Smith at that gun show a year ago. Some are private individuals, most are dealers. I got a good deal on mine. The next "Akron" gun show is Sept. 26 and 27th @ the Summit Co. fair grounds. The next Medina Co show is Sept. 12 and 13th. As I said before the one in Berea is Aug. 22 and 23rd.

mid561