Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Fun day at work Yesterday

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    76

    Post imported post

    Long story short, yesterday a bunch (over 20) armed federal agents entered our place of work. They were IRS/CID. Two things of note happened (well two things that apply to this site):

    1. I was asked by one of the agents what the bulge on my hip was. I informed him it was my cell phone. I then informed him of my piece and where it was. They took it, and my carry license. The were extremely cordial about the matter, and returned my gun at the end of the day (unloaded, and I had to ask for my ammo back). Hindsight being 20/20, I wish I would not have let the take my permit. I don't think I was under any obligation to, and I probably shouldn't have. A lot was happening, fast. I'll know better next time.

    2. There is another person who carry's here. They made an announcement in the conference room where 30 people were that they needed to know if anyone else was carrying. This made another employee have to give up his privacy. He is pretty particular about no one knowing (I knew as did a few other people, but most did not). I talked to the agents through the coarse of the day, and kinda asked them to think through how they could ask the question better. Again, they were cordial, even apologetic about it, but the guy was pretty frustrated that he had to "blow his cover".

    Yesterday was a fun day at work...

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    376

    Post imported post

    They didn't make anyone give up their privacy, they asked and you complied. Don't give in next time.

  3. #3
    Regular Member wewd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    664

    Post imported post

    dwayner79 wrote:
    I was asked by one of the agents what the bulge on my hip was.
    What bulge? :shock:



    That should have been your response, unless in CT you are obligated by law to inform officers that you are carrying when contacted. Don't ever volunteer any information that you are not required to, which is nothing, usually.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

    Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

    "Live Free or Die"

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    374

    Post imported post

    Well, as hated as the IRS is, I can fully understand them wanting to know who was carrying. Given the track record of armed federal agents, you're a little lucky that they didn't shoot somebody, or at least ask you about your "bulge" at gunpoint.

    By the way, you didn't tell us why they invaded your work.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    76

    Post imported post

    Tax investigation. They took some files, did some interviews, thanked those of us who were there, and left. They seemed fairly happy with their initial findings.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    66

    Post imported post

    Government thugs should not be taking away your guns for a tax investigation (even temporarily). If you were suspected of mass murder or something then seizing weapons would be justified.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    76

    Post imported post

    Let's just say the percentage of armed folks here is much higher then average, and the Key players (Owners and such) could make a stand if they needed to. Hence the show of force for a Tax issue.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    Flyer22 wrote:
    Well, as hated as the IRS is, I can fully understand them wanting to know who was carrying. Given the track record of armed federal agents, you're a little lucky that they didn't shoot somebody, or at least ask you about your "bulge" at gunpoint.



    It'd be even funnier if it wasn't true.

  9. #9
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    No criticism is intended of any kind toward OP or the other legally armed fellow (shame about his being outed)...

    Would it have been legal to simply not respond to the agents call for 'fessing up to legally carrying a concealed gun?

    Or is it a lawful order or some such that must be complied with?

    If the agent says "Hey, what's that bulge in your pocket?" and it is a legal gun, can the carrier say, "Nothing illegal, sir. Now, how can I assist in your investigation?"





  10. #10
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,961

    Post imported post

    dwayner79 wrote:
    Long story short, yesterday a bunch (over 20) armed federal agents entered our place of work. They were IRS/CID. Two things of note happened (well two things that apply to this site):

    1. I was asked by one of the agents what the bulge on my hip was. I informed him it was my cell phone. I then informed him of my piece and where it was. They took it, and my carry license. The were extremely cordial about the matter, and returned my gun at the end of the day (unloaded, and I had to ask for my ammo back). Hindsight being 20/20, I wish I would not have let the take my permit. I don't think I was under any obligation to, and I probably shouldn't have. A lot was happening, fast. I'll know better next time.

    2. There is another person who carry's here. They made an announcement in the conference room where 30 people were that they needed to know if anyone else was carrying. This made another employee have to give up his privacy. He is pretty particular about no one knowing (I knew as did a few other people, but most did not). I talked to the agents through the coarse of the day, and kinda asked them to think through how they could ask the question better. Again, they were cordial, even apologetic about it, but the guy was pretty frustrated that he had to "blow his cover".

    Yesterday was a fun day at work...
    Sure MR. Tax man I do not concent to your illegal seizure of my handgun, but I will not physically your actions. Excuse me now while I go get my shotgun out of my car so that I remain armed.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    6

    Post imported post

    Well At least you can carry at your work place.

    I work in a place that is huge, has many doors, and Old guy as security guard. His boss is an ex cop that walks with a limp ( i heard he was shoot ).

    But the policy states that no weapons in the building and in the parking lot ( that means nothing in your car too ) .



    I would sue , but i need a job to pay bills .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •