• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Call Senator Landrieu now!

GPossenti

imported post

Sen Landrieu's phone number in D.C. (202)224-5824

Senator John Thune (R-SD) and David Vitter (R-LA) are getting a vote today on whether licensed handgun owners carry their weapons into states with similar laws as an amendment to the Defense Authorization Bill. This will be the fourth vote this year on gun rights and a referendum on whether your constitutionally guaranteed right to “keep and bear arms” will be respected by politicians in Washington, D.C. With all the bad news coming from Congress on health care, cap and tax, the so called Stimulus and the bailouts, there is some good news coming from conservatives in Congress.

RedState.com has the details. http://www.redstate.com/blog/2009/07/22/action-alert-start-calling-your-senators-now/

GPossenti

imported post

You can't try to change anything if you don't get in the fight. You can whine and moan all you want about how the Constitution is violated blah blah blah, but this is the system we have, so we need to do the most to work with it. If she doesn't hear from people who support the amendment, then she'll vote with her lib pals.

imported post

There are plenty of "fights" to involve one's self in, but you need to be selective about your choices.
Personally, I think (at the federal level) the system is about to collapse without anyone firing a shot. Learn to discern the signs of the times.
If you negotiate with them over a right, you're already admitting it's negotiable, you're bargaining from a weakened standpoint.
Mary's vote was decided by others for her long before any lowly constituent called.

jnmtwo

Founder's Club Member
imported post

GPossenti wrote:
You can whine and moan all you want about how the Constitution is violated blah blah blah, but this is the system we have, so we need to do the most to work with it.
Who moaned or whined? The system 'IS' the Constitution!! Why seek permission for anything less?

GPossenti

imported post

So what's the viable alternative? Because my license isn't accepted in every state, and I don't know of any other ways to do it within the law.

Randy Weaver tried to follow his own rules and look what happened to him. Sure it was completely ridiculous, but his approach ended in losing his wife and son.

imported post

OC or don't carry, simple enough.
By bowing at the altar of the state, begging for their permission to carry,
YOU are further empowering them to violate all of us.
Ditch the permit, become a free man.
Yes, Randy Weaver did something most on this forum would never do: risk something valuable.

GPossenti

imported post

So you're saying Open Carry or don't be safe. Some places (like my workplace) don't allow open carry. So you'd rather someone be unsafe and not carry than carry concealed?

How is that not risking something valuable?

Dustin

imported post

In the words of UFC announcer Mike Glodberg before every fight;

"And here....we....go....."

1974.gif

imported post

You, like most Amerikans, are willing to sacrifice liberty for safety. Bowing and scraping for a permit IS risking something valuable: our freedom.
If your workplace doesn't allow OC, you have three choices: accept it, go find other employment or convince your boss to allow it.

Oscarr

imported post

GPossenti wrote:
So what's the viable alternative? Because my license isn't accepted in every state, and I don't know of any other ways to do it within the law.

Randy Weaver tried to follow his own rules and look what happened to him. Sure it was completely ridiculous, but his approach ended in losing his wife and son.
The viable alternative is for our state government to work with other state governments to get it accepted. Not to let the federal gov in. Have you read that bill? It doesn't make your permit accepted in EVERY state, only in states where they already CURRENTLY allow concealed weapon permits, and you're still subject to their rules/laws and restrictions of their state. Also, you can work towards getting our government to stop giving out permits for CC, and just let it be allowed by any legal adult citizen. Not likely to happen, but it's something we should work on.

As for Randy Weaver, his approach was fine, it was the governments approach that was entirely horrible. Read up on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Weaver