• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin gun owners are uniting

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Do you expect WGO to contribute its takings to Operation Carryland?

Or is this an effort to divide and conquer the OCDO leadership/membership?

Financial gun rights activism IS a zero-sum game. There is a finite limited well of money to draw from and every sipper-at-the-well reduces what is available for the next.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This is just my observation, when cc came up in the legislatureeverytime wgo was against it's passage so be it, From then till now the wgo had remained silent and done nothing to my knowledge to actively promote any kind of carry. As far as i'm concerned it has been the members of ocdo whom have brought us this far taking the risks,making phone calls writing lettersand exercising the right to o.cand ocdo memberswillcontinue totake us further.

comp45acp

imported post

WGO is nothing more than Corey Graff collecting money for himself from those foolish enough to give it to him. He had nothing whatever to do with bringing open carry back to Wisconsin as a practical exercise of our rights under the Constitution. He angered many when, during the Personal Protection Act hearings, he was actively moving among supports distributing his hateful propaganda.
He did a lot to help defeat Senator Dave Zien who was the best friend we ever had in the state capital building.

Corey trashes anything less than "Vermont Style" carry which any thinking person knows is never going to happen in this state.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
imported post

comp45acp wrote:
He angered many when, during the Personal Protection Act hearings, he was actively moving among supports distributing his hateful propaganda.

"Vermont Style" carry which any thinking person knows is never going to happen in this state.

I was at the hearings and did observe this.

I never everthought we would everbe able to lawfullyo.c, so I don't think "Vermont Style" carry is out of the question.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

"hateful propaganda"? Government regulated carry, OC or CC, is an infringement and a travesty! On this Corey Graff is correct. The PPA was a Political Power Attempt by the hateful NRA.

Graff/WGO's only error is in thinking that they can use the same business methods and political means as the National Rifle Association and not be the same as the NRA. Graff is no better and no worse than Baker, Fendry or German.

The NRA sells dispensations from infringements to the Second Amendment as their stock-in-trade. Profiteering from the infringements is the only reason for the existence of the NRA.

The only gun rights organization in Wisconsin with clean political skirts is right here, the OpenCarry.org sub-forum. All else have blood money in their pockets.

AaronS

imported post

springfield 1911 wrote:
This is just my observation, when cc came up in the legislatureeverytime wgo was against it's passage so be it, From then till now the wgo had remained silent and done nothing to my knowledge to actively promote any kind of carry. As far as i'm concerned it has been the members of ocdo whom have brought us this far taking the risks,making phone calls writing lettersand exercising the right to o.cand ocdo memberswillcontinue totake us further.
I agree 100%, again...
OCDO is what got me to wake up. Even gets me out to to the highway clean-up.

With all the money the NRA has, I think they should have given some cash for the needed radio adds that OCDO has run in Wisconsin (and other states I would guess). I have yet to see any other group become so grass roots active (as OCDO).

JG

imported post

I just read again on WGO what Chief Flynn said about taking down OC people. Its really upsetting when we have a police officer who is sworn to PROTECT AND SERVE acting like this. Could he be too busy chasing Badge Ho's than reading the laws he is sworn to enforce? Just wondering.

gollbladder13

imported post

I think we've all always been united. The problem is the elected officials that keep turning our efforts down.

I almost joined WGO, but then they asked for money before even letting me into the site very far to see what they've done. I'm on here, wisconsinconcealedcarry.com (forum is wisconsinshooters.com), Glocktalk, and a few others, and not ONE has asked for money up front. I'm all for the cause, but would rather help out with man-hours. I don't know anything about Corey Graff, but I haven't seen them try to get gun rights in WI actively nearly as much as here (hwy cleaning), WCCA (making legislative efforts), etc.

I like the idea of Project Open Carry, but let's face it. The majority of us have been doing our own home-grown version (carrying and educating those with questions).

Just my take.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

I really don't know much about Graff or WGO either. Thanks for the info. I did find it interesting though that they made mention of OCDO and recognized the efforts that OCDO members have made to get these ridiculous gun laws in this state cleaned up.

It is kind of Ironic, it almost sounds as if they want to jump on the band wagon after a lot of the foot work is done.

Were these guys supporters of Doyle?

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

gollbladder13 wrote:
The majority of us have been doing our own home-grown version (carrying and educating those with questions).

Just my take.

You got it RIGHT!

We are each working in our own way. Mike, John, and a few others are helping us COMMUNICATE what we are doing with one another. Some are doing picnics, some are doing parades, some are actually carrying, some are doing pamphlets, some are writing letters, etc.

All these efforts are important.

Pointman

imported post

I noticed Corey interviewed himself in order to attach himself to a news story hosted on a web site hosted by himself to support an organization consisting of himself. At leastsomeone takes him seriously (himself).

WIG19

imported post

Pointman wrote:
I noticed Corey interviewed himself in order to attach himself to a news story hosted on a web site hosted by himself to support an organization consisting of himself. At leastsomeone takes him seriously (himself).
You crack me up - nice headshot. There is a word for what you described. (No, it doesn't really cause blindness.)

:lol:

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

An old man on the point of death summoned his sons around him to give them some parting advice. He ordered his servants to bring in a faggot of sticks, and said to his eldest son: "Break it." The son strained and strained, but with all his efforts was unable to break the Bundle. The other sons also tried, but none of them was successful. "Untie the faggots," said the father, "and each of you take a stick." When they had done so, he called out to them: "Now, break," and each stick was easily broken. "You see my meaning," said their father.

Union gives strength.