• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin gun owners are uniting

Support The 2nd

imported post

From where I sit, we are NOT united at all. Has the WGO or WI-FORCE written letters to Wal-Mart regarding Para, bnh, and nevinsb? Have they contacted their ENTIRE membership and asked them to write? What about boycotts and protests at the Wal-Marts, anybody up for that?

Not that I've seen. Heck, two guys couldn't even unite and get the GB thing straight.

United? Not by a long shot.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Support The 2nd wrote:
From where I sit, we are NOT united at all. Has the WGO or WI-FORCE written letters to Wal-Mart regarding Para, bnh, and nevinsb? Have they contacted their ENTIRE membership and asked them to write? What about boycotts and protests at the Wal-Marts, anybody up for that?

Not that I've seen. Heck, two guys couldn't even unite and get the GB thing straight.

i have been boycotting Wally world since it opened up in GB years ago. Never set foot in one.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Unity would be nice to see.
Unity assumes that we have the same basic agenda. The accusations are that some organizations exist only as a source of income under the veil of being a 2nd Amendment Organization. Many legitimate 2A type organizations do not agree on the same agenda but could coexist and complement each other. It is a lack of this type of unity which harms us the most. We do not all need to have the same exact beliefs if we respect each other and do no harm to our cause by refusing to be vindictive.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
Support The 2nd wrote:
Heck, two guys couldn't even unite and get the GB thing straight.
I am not sure if you watched the news this weekend at all, but we did in fact unite and got the GB thing"straight"...:cool:
It's all about putting our own vastly different opinons aside for the greater good. It's all about this one thing. Open carry. we all see it from different angles& the center is our goal. I have my own opinons regarding this and that on this issue, but we have to become a cohesive team on this & we all need to get together & push our agenda's forward ( open carry in vehicles, get ride of school zones, etc ) alsoto make the public not fear us. The media paints us a fring rights group& the public believes them, so we need to show them we are Normal people,while contantly recruiting new rights advocatesover to our side with Calm Eduction. Being militant / hardcoreabout OC to the uneducated general public will hurt us, not help.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

I got alot of coments from people today that got an overall positive message from the media coverage. I got E-mails from people who I do not normally associate with but they noticed the media coverage and wanted to express their support. We need to make OC a normal part of our lives and not wait for these large gatherings.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I got alot of coments from people today that got an overall positive message from the media coverage. I got E-mails from people who I do not normally associate with but they noticed the media coverage and wanted to express their support. We need to make OC a normal part of our lives and not wait for these large gatherings.
I have to go Petsmart& Best buy today, OCing AT BOTH.:) Are Banks an Open Carry ok ?

AaronS

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
I have to go Petsmart& Best buy today, OCing AT BOTH.:) Are Banks an Open Carry ok ?
Yes banks are good. Even the US Bank in Downtown Milwaukee is good (no ban).

AaronS

imported post

Support The 2nd wrote:

You know, I read this post the day it came out, and did not want to answer it, but I feel a need.

What is your idea of united?

We have had open carry picnics in S/W, S/E, and now N/E Wisconsin (one more in N/E next weekend). We have a stretch of highway that we have adopted (have two signs up with OpenCarry.org on them). All this was done in less then a year. In fact, it was all done this summer. I can't wait to see what is going on in a full year.

So with this in mind, what would you have us do? Protest? What will you protest? It is a private businesses RIGHT to ban guns in a store, I might not like the ban, but I must support the stores rights. In time, I am sure that most stores will come around. All this OC'ing is very new to most stores, and will take time to become a normal sight. It took us about 150 years to forget our gun rights in Wisconsin. It will take longer then one summer to get them all back.

We are uniting, and it is working. Stay off the tracks, my friend, because this train is rolling!

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

gollbladder13 wrote:
Well, I just got an email with the radio ad they're putting up.

Honestly, it's kind of creepy, IMO.

You be the judge:

http://www.wisconsingunowners.org/WGO-OpenCarry-60.mp3
Actually, its not bad. Anything that helps get the message out. The only thing I don't like is that I think they should not have started a new petition. This is not a competition. The object is to get as many signatures as possible. Many people will not want to sign 2 petitions for the same cause.It makes it seem like there is a lack of organization.

The petitions are essentially the same. Then why not support one together?
I am not as familiar with Corey Graff as many others on here are, but in this case unity would help our cause. Unfortunately, he has seemed to ignore that.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

WGO is nicely positioned to lead a grassroots advocacy but, unfortunately, knows only the NRA business and political model so he has to speak out of both sides of his face; please send money to an anonymous group but we're no-compromise gun right's activists. It's just rice-bowl politics all over again.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

CG appears to be all about CG and not unity. He has gotten the negative attention from most of the gun advocacy and sportsman groups around the state because of his actions which appear to be only self serving. He worked against us when we were making progress in getting CCW in WI a few years ago. He helped torpedo the PPA. The margin to overturn Doyle's veto was 2 votes or less each of the 2 years. There is no excuse for his conduct.:cuss:

iceman71

imported post

Governor,
I n your speech in Lake Delton you told everyone that if they wanted too carry a gun, do so on there hip. Well one of your citizens in Madison did just that and was cited for disorderly conduct. And as in Attorney Generals memo cant be cited for merely oc'ing. Could you put your attention too this.

Thank you.

Here is an e-mail I just sent to our beloved henchman

gollbladder13

imported post

iceman71 wrote:
Governor,
I n your speech in Lake Delton you told everyone that if they wanted too carry a gun, do so on there hip. Well one of your citizens in Madison did just that and was cited for disorderly conduct. And as in Attorney Generals memo cant be cited for merely oc'ing. Could you put your attention too this.

Thank you.

Here is an e-mail I just sent to our beloved henchman

I hope in your actual letter your grammer and puncuation was better. :p

That being said, I like the idea, and might have to do it, too!