• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My Court Case

lechwe

imported post

Good luck!

What was the ticket for? I assume it would have to have been something they would have been able to identify an issue without the OC stop?

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

T Vance wrote:
lechwe wrote:
Good luck!

What was the ticket for? I assume it would have to have been something they would have been able to identify an issue without the OC stop?
The ticket was for improperly displayed registration tags. I'll tell more about the story after the case tomorrow. Details in full. Don't want to give away my game plan before I see the judge cause I know that the police do monitor this forum.
Good luck and stand tall.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

T Vance wrote:
I pleaded NOT GUILTY to the charge since I knew the reason they stopped me was illegal.

What does the reason you were stopped have to do with your failure to have the proper tag on your license plate (and the citiation for that minor offense)?

Sounds like you caught a break on the ticket.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

T Vance wrote:
As I've been typing this I've noticed a green Ranger pick up truck drive past my house slowly 4 times over the past 15 minutes, sometimes stopping. Everytime they drove past though I could see them staring at different parts of my house as if they were "casing" it.

I'm going to talk to them the next time I see them.
Why not call 9-1-1?

autosurgeon

imported post

HankT wrote:
T Vance wrote:
I pleaded NOT GUILTY to the charge since I knew the reason they stopped me was illegal.

What does the reason you were stopped have to do with your failure to have the proper tag on your license plate (and the citiation for that minor offense)?

Sounds like you caught a break on the ticket.
Because Hank if they don't have legitimate RAS to stop you then they have no business citing your for other things because since they shouldn't't have stopped you they wouldn't have known about the other issues! Fruit of the poisoness tree so to speak!

wally1120

imported post

That is cool that they dismissed your case. They knew that they couldn`t charge you for it cause they were fishing for something to get you on. I went to the Sheriff`s department and they said that A in car camera doesn`t exist, I think that is A lie they are trying to cover there butt. Cause they know that they handled all the OC situations that day all wrong. Also I stopped to talk to A police officer after they handled the incident they were called to I asked if another officer was working, He was talking about wanting to go to A IDPA shoot so I stopped to see if the officer would pass it onto the other officer. He said that the officer "dosen`t want to hang out with you gun toters" And that "I don`t like you so you can go somewhere else". I was sitting at A friends house outside and the one officer there pulled up and asked you don`t relly like that guy do you, I said nope asked what his name was and he said Seargeant Something weird. He then said yeah he was having one of them days and pulled off. I am not sure but A Sergeant souldn`t say something like that even if he is having A bad day. Sergeant`s are supposed to be professional.

wally1120

imported post

That is cool that they dismissed your case. They knew that they couldn`t charge you for it cause they were fishing for something to get you on. I went to the Sheriff`s department and they said that A in car camera doesn`t exist, I think that is A lie they are trying to cover there butt. Cause they know that they handled all the OC situations that day all wrong. Also I stopped to talk to A police officer after they handled the incident they were called to I asked if another officer was working, He was talking about wanting to go to A IDPA shoot so I stopped to see if the officer would pass it onto the other officer. He said that the officer "dosen`t want to hang out with you gun toters" And that "I don`t like you so you can go somewhere else". I was sitting at A friends house outside and the one officer there pulled up and asked you don`t relly like that guy do you, I said nope asked what his name was and he said Seargeant Something weird. He then said yeah he was having one of them days and pulled off. I am not sure but A Sergeant souldn`t say something like that even if he is having A bad day. Sergeant`s are supposed to be professional.