Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Mills Malls", aka Simon Property Group

Post imported post

Most gun rights folks know that Simon Property Group, which owns the various "Mills Malls", bans guns from their properties.

Now they've banned a kiosk vendor, apparently because his products bear politically conservative slogans.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/....63b5bce2.html

CONCORD, N.C. -- "Impeach Obama."
    "Al Qaeda's favorite days: 9/11/01 and 11/04/08."

"Work Harder. Obama needs the money."

The bumper stickers and posters sold at "Free Market Warrior" at Concord Mills are meant to be "biting," the kiosk's owner Loren Spivack said.

At least one passerby found them racist and bigoted, and took time to tell the mall in a letter and a letter to the editor of the Charlotte Observer.

Whatever your opinion, the fact is this: At the end of July, Free Market Warrior will not be allowed at Concord Mills Mall. The kiosk chain's owner shared e-mail correspondence with NewsChannel 36 that explains that the mall management has decided that the items sold are not "neutral" enough. The lease will be allowed to expire July 31, 2009 without an option to renew.

Spivack, who first leased the space this spring, says the decision came as a shock to him. He says mall management seemed pleased with the kiosk just a few weeks ago.

"Nobody in that mall is selling anything from a conservative perspective. Plenty of people are selling things with a liberal perspective, with a pro-Obama perspective," he said.

"Given that we are in America and not North Korea, we probably should have some stuff on the other side."

Spivack says he is careful not to sell things that personally attack a politician and wants a fair exchange of ideas. "The material that I sell is about politics and ideas," he told Newschannel 36. "It's all legitimate criticism."

Concord Mills, owned by Simon Property Group, would not comment for this story, cited a policy against talking about tenant and landlord situations.

Post imported post

Why would anyone expect them to respectyour A1 rights when they disrespect your A2 rights?

Besides, it's private property in most/all of their cases. Their house, their rules.

Banned

Post imported post

darthmord wrote:

Besides, it's private property in most/all of their cases. Their house, their rules.
    This is the only thing that matters.

Banned

Post imported post

You don't like it? Don't shop there.

Banned

Post imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
    darthmord wrote:

Not so fast . . .

It's my money and I live in North Carolina near Concord Mills Mall,Concord,N.C. Those that live in a glass house should not start a rock fight .

Boycott the Bastards !

Banned

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    Where else could I have bought this but from " Hot Topic " head shop at Concord Mills ?

Post imported post

Concord Mills? You mean the Concord Mills that has a huge Bass Pro Shops? You mean the Concord Mills with the huge Bass Pro Shops that sells guns?The mall thatalso contains that NASCAR fun park? Two places that are at least perceived to cater to conservative, right wing kind of clientel?

I don't for a second think this has anything to do with being "neutral" or politics. I think this has everything to do with some thin skinned, no spined, liberal, politically correctmanager dumping on a little guy who doesn't pay a lot for rent and probably can't afford a lawyer to take them to court. Wouldn't want to say anything negative about PrezBO. They have almost nothing to lose and a lot of holier than thou, personal satisfaction to gain.

Guess where I won't bedropping a few hundred dollarsnext time I go to Charlotte?
    "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun."

Banned

Post imported post

hp-hobo wrote:
    Concord Mills?

Guess where I won't bedropping a few hundred dollarsnext time I go to Charlotte?
    I'm returning this to the picture frame shop and will not return after that .

Banned

Post imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
    Il_Duce wrote:
    darthmord wrote:

Not so fast . . .

It's my money and I live in North Carolina near Concord Mills Mall,Concord,N.C. Those that live in a glass house should not start a rock fight .

Boycott the Bastards !

Their house, their rules, don't shop there if you don't like it.

How are we in disagreement?

Banned

Post imported post

darthmord wrote:
    Why would anyone expect them to respectyour A1 rights when they disrespect your A2 rights?

So government rules don't apply inside? Neat.

So they could have a big opium den, and the government laws cannot reach them?

Their house, their rules. This is great.

Banned

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    It would be different if Herb and Mel weren't such large recipients of direct payments of tax dollars.

Don't like obeying my rules? Don't take my tax dollars.

Banned

Post imported post

smoking357 wrote:
    darthmord wrote:

The First and Second Amendments are protections against the government.

I can still kick you out on your ass if you come to my business and do something I don't like.

Banned

Post imported post

Il_Duce wrote:

I can still kick you out on your ass if you come to my business and do something I don't like.
    One would have to leave their property first , inorder to have the opprotunity of a learning experience . If one is being boycotted for being unAmerican already .

Banned

Post imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
    smoking357 wrote:
    darthmord wrote:

So "their house, their rules" isn't quite a universal maxim, then?

Banned

Post imported post

smoking357 wrote:
    Il_Duce wrote:
    smoking357 wrote:
    darthmord wrote:

So "their house, their rules" isn't quite a universal maxim, then?
    I'm sorry, I hadn't realized I was talking to the mentally challenged.

Post imported post

So does the OK to OC in Bass Pro still apply? Heck Gander Mtn is closer anyway. May have to shoot an email. From what I hear it only took 2 emails to get that guy kicked out. Wonder what a bunch of emails refusing to shop there would get?

Banned

Post imported post

chiefjason wrote:
    So does the OK to OC in Bass Pro still apply? Heck Gander Mtn is closer anyway. May have to shoot an email. From what I hear it only took 2 emails to get that guy kicked out. Wonder what a bunch of emails refusing to shop there would get?
    Spoke to a relative in Salisbury , N.C. tonight . He said that they were talking about it at his work today .

Here is hopeing the networking will grow . As you said chiefjason Bass Pro restarted allowing OC a short time ago .

UNITE & VOTE . . . this time with our wallets . . . Boycott Concord Mills Mall .

Post imported post

Wow! I just finished listening to Neal Boortz on WSB radio say almost the same thing I did on this forum yesterday about BPS, the little guy with the kiosk and Concord Mills.

I wonder if I'm owed any royalties. I think we're being watched.
    "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun."

Banned

Post imported post

Two neocons with similar ideas? Why yes you must be being watched!

Post imported post

I beleive that Simon was also involved in stopping a tea party type event in Atlanta recently.

The event had been agreed to by the property owner, but Simon put pressure on the owner of the neighboring property (including "exercising" an easement provision that had no legal force because it was expired) and the owner withdrew his consent to use the property.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
    UNITE & VOTE . . . this time with our wallets . . . Boycott Concord Mills Mall .
    Boycott all Simon malls, and send them a messagetelling them that you are boycotting them. Then send a message to the stores in your local Simon mall and tell them why you are not shopping there any more.

I sent Simon a message yesterday telling them I am no longer shopping at our nearby Simon mall (Virginia Center Commons).

Banned

Post imported post

And if all you have near you for local shopping is a Simon mall?

Post imported post

You can still OC in the Bass Pro shop attached to Concord Mills.
    They have a bunch of signs at the doors to the mall that state no firearms past this point when leaving BPS.
    Do the doors to the entrances to the mall have the no gun sign, or state no firearms?
    If not, then continue carrying until asked to leave. It has been 9 months or so since I have been there.

Post imported post

JDriver1.8t wrote:
    You can still OC in the Bass Pro shop attached to Concord Mills.
    They have a bunch of signs at the doors to the mall that state no firearms past this point when leaving BPS.
    Do the doors to the entrances to the mall have the no gun sign, or state no firearms?
    If not, then continue carrying until asked to leave. It has been 9 months or so since I have been there.
    The are not on the doors, but on a sign as soon as you walk in. The prohibit any carry in the mall.

I saw this guy on Sunday. He is right outside BPS. It would be delicious if BPS would rent him some space in their store.

Post imported post

My question then, is it conspicuously posted at EVERY entrance?

The story has been picked up by Fox news and Glen Beck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast