• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Mills Malls", aka Simon Property Group

Carpetbagger

Campaign Veteran
imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
UNITE & VOTE . . . this time with our wallets . . . Boycott Concord Mills Mall .

Boycott all Simon malls, and send them a messagetelling them that you are boycotting them. Then send a message to the stores in your local Simon mall and tell them why you are not shopping there any more.

I sent Simon a message yesterday telling them I am no longer shopping at our nearby Simon mall (Virginia Center Commons).

JDriver1.8t

imported post

You can still OC in the Bass Pro shop attached to Concord Mills.
They have a bunch of signs at the doors to the mall that state no firearms past this point when leaving BPS.
Do the doors to the entrances to the mall have the no gun sign, or state no firearms?
If not, then continue carrying until asked to leave. It has been 9 months or so since I have been there.

dvdaughtry

imported post

JDriver1.8t wrote:
You can still OC in the Bass Pro shop attached to Concord Mills.
They have a bunch of signs at the doors to the mall that state no firearms past this point when leaving BPS.
Do the doors to the entrances to the mall have the no gun sign, or state no firearms?
If not, then continue carrying until asked to leave. It has been 9 months or so since I have been there.

The are not on the doors, but on a sign as soon as you walk in. The prohibit any carry in the mall.

I saw this guy on Sunday. He is right outside BPS. It would be delicious if BPS would rent him some space in their store.

dvdaughtry

imported post

I cannot say for certain, but would assume. It's a formal sign with many rules for the mall. I think it would be naive to think they aren't.

However, as I type, I don't know of any, or where, the signs would be if you entered the building through a store (i.e. Bed, Bath & Beyond, TJ Max/Home Goods etc).

That might be something to keep an eye out. I don't go as much as I used too, but since joining the forum, I have been more observant for the signs.

I'll post, next time I go.

abbradsh

imported post

Currently typing an email to Simon Property corporate. The number of malls that are posted in some shape or form is ridiculous (although they usually don't do it well)

Southpoint in Durham has it listed in small print on their rules. I ignore it since you have to walk into the mall and look at one of the stand signs to see it, definitely not conspicuous posting. They should be happy that we are carrying there with the amount of Durham ghetto that shows up on weekends.

Cary Towne Center has signs posted it is the anti gun/knife sign that is kind of hard to recognize posted in the top left corners of the entrances. Hard to see and stores are not posted.

If I have to stop and search for your signs or your hidden rules I just ignore them or go in an entrance that isn't posted.

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

abbradsh wrote:
Currently typing an email to Simon Property corporate. The number of malls that are posted in some shape or form is ridiculous (although they usually don't do it well)

Southpoint in Durham has it listed in small print on their rules. I ignore it since you have to walk into the mall and look at one of the stand signs to see it, definitely not conspicuous posting. They should be happy that we are carrying there with the amount of Durham ghetto that shows up on weekends.

Cary Towne Center has signs posted it is the anti gun/knife sign that is kind of hard to recognize posted in the top left corners of the entrances. Hard to see and stores are not posted.

If I have to stop and search for your signs or your hidden rules I just ignore them or go in an entrance that isn't posted.
You obviously know you're not welcome there armed. You've admitted to such on the internet.

Why do you feel you are above their rules?

Is it okay if I come in your house and masturbate on your couch? Watch your kids get changed in their rooms? Watch your wife in the bathroom?

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

Batousaii wrote:
Il_Ducewhy so Rude ??? I noticed alot of your comments are very pointed and antagonistic. Is this your usual MO or just having a bad day ?
Pointed questions are rude now?

Hm. I suppose I'll have to alert the media that it's rude.

compmanio365

imported post

Batousaii wrote:
Dont circumvent the question .... why are you being rude ?
Cause he's a troll. Why is he being fed by the members of this forum? Just ignore his posts and he'll go somewhere else where he can get a rise out of people.

And again I say, if you don't want to be a part of the US, then you don't have to abide by the Constitution. Otherwise, the 2nd and all the others apply when you are in the US.

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Batousaii wrote:
Dont circumvent the question .... why are you being rude ?
Cause he's a troll. Why is he being fed by the members of this forum? Just ignore his posts and he'll go somewhere else where he can get a rise out of people.

And again I say, if you don't want to be a part of the US, then you don't have to abide by the Constitution. Otherwise, the 2nd and all the others apply when you are in the US.
The bill of rights does not govern interaction between two citizens, or a citizen and a business. I can tell you to leave your gun outside, to shut your mouth, or to get the hell out of my home or business.

The bill of rights deals with interactions between citizens and government and vice versa.

There is no private business who has to follow the bill of rights. It just DOES NOT APPLY in that situation.

darthmord

imported post

The point of the matter being... if you want someone to follow the rules you are legally able to set, the person must be able to see/interpret them.

Stashing them in a corner where you have to actively look for them serves no one and implies you are speaking with a forked tongue or that you have something to hide from some/all of your patrons.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Here in Virginia we have "Potomac Mills" mall. They have huge signs at every door announcing that no firearms are permitted "openly carried, or concealed, permit or not". I wish I had the time to put on a "sheep" costume and picket outside the mall entrance on the public right-of-way holding a sign that says: "I am scared of guns! Guns are Baaaaaaaaaa-d! No guuuns alooooowed!

Or maybe dress in a black shirt and white tie, and hold a sign that says: "Brudder Hoodslums, Here is a great place for doin a stickup or whatnot, cause nobody goin in or out of dis here mall gots a rod on em."