• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greentop now has a sign

taurusfan

imported post

Greentop could move to the Gander Mountain building once they close the store.

There's no reason for Bass Pro to exist either?

kennys

imported post

Set aside from some of their prices Bass Pro isn't too bad to have around. Been in there several times OC and CC they have been courteous every time. Not to mention it as well will keep the other stores in check price wise.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
I for one am very happy that Bass Pro is here! :)
They coulda, shoulda had an indoor range. Then you wouldn't ever have to leave. :D

Yata hey

kennys

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
They coulda, shoulda had an indoor range. Then you wouldn't ever have to leave. :D

Yata hey
Unless you are like me and can shoot off the porch....:celebrate

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

kennys wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

Yata hey
Can I bring my long gun over? :lol:

Yata hey

kennys

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
kennys wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

Yata hey
Can I bring my long gun over? :lol:

Yata hey
I Bass Pro could produce a shooting range to accommodate that I am there.....

My wife says the goat deals with 30/06, 45, and others good.Artillery she thinks not.

Biggest I have ever fired a M109 If I recall correct.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

That one looks like trailerable FUN! I'd love to shoot one of those!!! The biggest I worked on was the 5" 38 in the Coast Guard. The 76mm cannon was the fastest shootin major caliber gun I worked on, though... it can shoot out to 9 miles and shoot 93 rounds in a minute. Not bad for 43 lb rounds. It was water cooled and was interested to work on. Made for a decent career. No regrets.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

Yata hey

From what I was told, it was in the original plan but Hanover County "shot it down".

They (BP) were looking to hire RSO's and everything. It could have been sweet!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

Yata hey

From what I was told, it was in the original plan but Hanover County "shot it down".

There is nothing from preventing them from going back now or at any point for that matter and asking for the necessary changes. They have already established themselves as a good neighbor.

Can only hope that is in their game plan for the future.

Yata hey

Icetera

Richmond - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

Yata hey

There is nothing from preventing them from going back now or at any point for that matter and asking for the necessary changes. They have already established themselves as a good neighbor.

Can only hope that is in their game plan for the future.

Yata hey
That would be nice, though I can just imagine the crowds to get in.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I was in there last night and talked with them about it. I said before, that has been the policy for many years.

The sign is the result of two negligent Discharges. There is a hole in the ceiling tile where the most recent one happened.

Apparently a customer with a .308, who wanted to trade it in, unloaded it into the ceiling.:lol:

The policy does NOT apply to anyone OC'ing or CC;ing, with or without a permit, as long as it stays in their holster.

The other issue is with customers pulling their gun out of their holster to see if it fits in one they are looking at.
I assume this is enforced on a one to one basis also since I bought a new holster several weeks ago and did just that, after unloading the gun. I had a sales person helping me and he suggested I try it.