Thread: Open carry on City of Seattle property

Post imported post

Is anybody familiar with the "Rule" that Mayor Knuckles is imposing on carrying on city property and buildings?They are saying that since it's a rule,and not a ban or law,it is not pre-empted by state law.If it is not a law,can I be fined,or just asked to leave?

Post imported post

As far as I know it has gone nowhere.

I do find it funny that they think changing the term from "law" to "rule" makes any difference.

Post imported post

Dr. Fresh wrote:
    As far as I know it has gone nowhere.

I do find it funny that they think changing the term from "law" to "rule" makes any difference.
    They are saying a rule is a formalized policy,but not a law,beacause state law would prohibit that.their senior policy analyst Scales thinks it will hold up.

Post imported post

Scales is an idiot. The worst they can do is ask you to leave and trespass you if you refuse.

However, the "Rule" was never implemented.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Post imported post

j2l3 wrote:
    Scales is an idiot. The worst they can do is ask you to leave and trespass you if you refuse.

Which would then be an unlawful command by an official, leaving them open to coercion charges and civil rights violation lawsuits.

Sandrat, that "rule" is going nowhere, it was simply grandstanding.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Post imported post

Tawnos wrote:
    j2l3 wrote:

Which would then be an unlawful command by an official, leaving them open to coercion charges and civil rights violation lawsuits.

Sandrat, that "rule" is going nowhere, it was simply grandstanding.
    This. If they trespass anyone for violating such a rule, they have opened themselves up to a nice lawsuit.

Post imported post

Tawnos wrote:
    ...it was simply grandstanding.
    As is, apparently, 99% of everything Nickel's says. As far as I can tell the only political actions that man knows are grandstanding and begging for contributions.