• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moral/technical/news/PR Support Available

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Hello,
Some of you may know me from the Calguns.net forum, where I registered before I bought my first gun (picked up 9/11/2007, by coincidence). Now I am here, after my tolerance for internet anarchy/drama was finally overrun and I got myself banned (not even for opening a can of well-deserved profanity). For far too long, I was :banghead: there with un- and under-enforced rules, negativity and infighting, stealing focus from our endlessly 2A-infringing government and what arms and exercise of the right we (barely) legally have.

The war wounds are still fresh, but I can't say it was all bad. I got in touch with some decent people and made some friends, learned a lot, and sold/bartered a few things on the marketplace.

From what I've seen from my extensive lurking here, I don't feel too worried about the same :banghead: happening. The way I understand it, generally being anti-LEO, or anti-LEO-OCDO-members is bad, but criticizing specific LEOs in OCer rights-violation stories is OK? Since OC encounters are not a perfect string of successes, offering public sympathy and empathy in this form is only human. In addition, I don't expect to see insults and the anti's rhetoric flung around, as this would be tantamount to a hardcore barbecuing forum being occupied by PETA.

So I thank pullnshoot25 for turning me on to OCDO and the Open Carry movement. I have, and will continue to do all I can to help OC and 2A as a whole in the form of moral/technical/news/PR/whatever support, as my income is disability-limited. I do not OC currently due to this limitation, which would shift the burden to my no-better-off family, and because I take things to the bitter end...

Now please, don't let what I'm about to say scare you away from OCing or exercising your 2A rights to the fullest - this is just my personal destitution and American re-revolutionst streak colliding:

[size=-2]I refuse not to be prepared with at least $1 million to retain our finest 2A counsel in the event that I need to pursue a USC § 1983. Civil action for deprivation of rights or make bail/ROR and defend against malicious criminal prosecution in violation of the 2A. Some might ask why not use that $1M to bribe a sheriff to get a CCW? It would be easier... I don't negotiate with {fill in the blank}.[/size]

Ok, so on to my quasi-resume. My plan/dream/whatever when I started taking college courses was to be prepared for police academy, become a homicide detective or humane law enforcement officer, and ultimately semi-retire as a small-town sheriff.

Here's what I was able to take through Miramar College online so far, with a 4.0 GPA (copied from my e-transcript):
INTRO TO ADMIN OF JUSTICE
CRIMINAL LAW
CRIMINAL LAW II
DIVERSITY & COMMUNITY RELATIONS
JUVENILE PROCEDURES
REPORT WRITING
CALIFORNIA CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
RULES OF EVIDENCE

I also went through a maximum requisite BSIS security academy, which let me shoot for the first time, and part of a veterinary assistant program. Then disability put the kibosh on everything. I couldn't make it through a real police academy and without some serious allergy inoculations, I'd be sneezing and blowing my nose through every cruelty scene and almost everywhere without fresh or at least purified air.

Can't remember a time when I wasn't using computers, and even have a picture of me using one at a preschool, so just about everything you can do with them, I have. In my former lives, I was a professional musician, organizer, photojournalist, telephone researcher, trade show door monitor. Most recently I've been doing news/op-ed/blog/press release editing and voice-over work, and driving my family in their cars accident-free since I got my license 11/06. I've been a ham radio operator since 2003 (hence my callsign as my username) but used and fiddled with commercial radios before that, as well as low- to high-end AV/ theater lighting equipment. I also have an eagle eye, dog hearing, and repair things left and right. So, a jack of many trades, I guess.

I think that covers everything. I'd love to put my skills and education to work.

P.S. Here's the article I wrote about the Feb. 28, 2009 San Diego County UOC meet: http://thebutterzone.com/2009/04/01/wild-west-not-so-wild-after-all/

SOneThreeCoupe

imported post

What took you so long?

I was banned 1/4/09.

Same user name as here.

I refused to let my government bully me around. I refused to keep quiet about our disgraceful actions abroad. I refused to respond to a hypothetical invasion of our country by "our" armed forces with "I'd cower before their awesome might."

2A and 4A aren't my only interests.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

stuckinchico wrote:
Lol i havent been banned yet but my signature which reads" Obama: Another black man in government housing" keeps getting taken off LEAVE IT ALONE TURD BURGLARS
The comment appears to me to be rather racist. I don't think that helps our cause.

(Edited for brevity and clarity.)