• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PERFECT OC 1st time

1245A Defender

imported post

tonight was my 1st time went shopping at safeway 6th & callow bremerton 9pm, pen camera, P-38 on my right, money on the left, no ID, flyers,RCWs i was ready and then suddenly, nothing happened, only 1 stockboy noticed and kept on working, a lady in the parking lot looked then went back to yacking with her friend. my friend followed me around the store and took this pic and some motion pics, it was as it should be, very ho-hum, but kinda exciting for me, Do Not read the otherthread with this topic im havin double post itis im trying to get my pic in here.

James06

imported post

Nice! glad to hear you had a good first time. Its also good that you were prepared to educate should you have encountered any sheeple:D

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
...tonight was my 1st time went shopping at safeway 6th & callow bremerton 9pm, pen camera...
Please tell us more about the pen camera - quality of video/audio, cost, and where purchased.

I have been thinking about getting one, but have not made the move yet.

1245A Defender

imported post

i ordered the vid pen from cascadiawholesale.com got a 2for1 deal for 60 bucks free shipping too, there web site doesnt show them now! lots of places sell them prices vary upto 200$ 1 of mine works fine, but the other is not up to speed yet maybe a no go,, the battery lasts about 45mins vidio and audiois passable if your standing face to face everything will be documented clearly enough.

1245A Defender

imported post

1 thing im remembering now, after the fact. i was so syched-up to finally do the OC thing that my eye sight seemed restricted, tunnel vision! even though i was trying to pay attention to everything around me, i felt that i could only keep track of half of what i would normaly be sensing from my surroundings. i had planned this outing for about a week, so i think maybe my adrennillin was all mixed up.

hydrochloride

imported post

I too just started open carry. It feel so good........I am hoping this will become more popular as people get educated......A+++on the brochures.... I have only had the chance to hand one out, but I am looking forward to passing them around to everyone that asks.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Well, it is getting more popular... You are one of those "more people" you speak about. :celebrate I think I speak for most of the regular's on this board when I say, we have seen many new OC converts in the past few months. There seems to be quite the flood of new people around here. Some haven't gotten their feet wet yet, but a lot have. I also noticed that many new guys like to tell us that they've been "lurking" around the board for a few weeks or months and finally decided to register here. That's happening RIGHT NOW. There are people, not registered, reading about OC, that will soon register and hopefully have their first Open Carry.

Welcome aboard :lol:

ElJefe1911

imported post

Congrats on your first time. Are you saying you went out without any ID on you at all?

ElJefe1911

imported post

So you drove to the store without a drivers license? I assume you were looking to have trouble. I wouldn't think it is all that smart to go anywhere without your ID especially when carrying a gun. Maybe I am in the minority in this thinking.

Just my .02

1245A Defender

imported post

my good friend drove us to the store, i left my CC gun and my wallet locked in his car. funny you brought it up thou, because half way to the store, we went back when he realized he didnt have his wallet, cpl, dr lic etc. good to remember, and not get cought, he always CCs too.

p2a1x7

imported post

hydrochloride wrote:
So, does that mean that there is no law which requires ID when requested from an officer?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_and_Identify_statutes

Edited for the following:

And the ACLU of Northern California cautions “And in any state, police do not always follow the law, and refusing to give your name may make them suspicious and lead to your arrest, so use your judgment. If you fear that your name may be incriminating, you can claim the right to remain silent, and if you are arrested, this may help you later. Giving a false name could be a crime.”