• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Festival Foods

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Talked with the loss prevention officer today at the Fond du lac Festival Foods and he recognizes that OC is legal and his only request is to check in at the courtesy counter and let them know so staff can let the floor staff know via a radio message that all is well.

What a great idea.

It is my favorite place to shop, for food anyways.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

That's not a bad idea, but I don't think we should have to do that. I wouldn't mind checking in with the greeter at the door, but not going to the service desk.

But better yet, they could put up signs at the entrances saying open carry is legal and not to be afraid of somebody carrying a holstered handgun.

I just can't wait for the day I can open carry and not worry about it...

comp45acp

imported post

I agree, neat idea for the short term until we get this more normalized. After you check in there a few times they will realize it is just a waste of your time and theirs and forget about it.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Hey if it helps people ease into getting used to seeing some one with a fire arm then I am all for it. All it will do is let the rest of the staff know and then they won't have to go running to management. I am willing to check in. Sooner or later they will get so used to seeing me it won't matter any more.

Stoney-Point

imported post

I might have to do some shopping there tonight! Less than 2 miles from home.

Would be nice if lots of us "checked in" until they realized it was a PIA to keep notifying all employees.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Hey if it helps people ease into getting used to seeing some one with a fire arm then I am all for it. All it will do is let the rest of the staff know and then they won't have to go running to management. I am willing to check in. Sooner or later they will get so used to seeing me it won't matter any more.

Yep, great idea. Reasonable, cheap, cooperative, effective....

Festival Foods seems like a customer-oriented company.

Reasonableness works!
41.gif

32HR MAG

imported post

I think it is a step in the right direction.Check in, and the staff will know ,so they can let any other customers know it's O.K. when and if they ask or are concerned.Spreading the open carry message

I will be moving to N. Fond du Lac next week and am loking for good stores to shop at for all things needed.

gbu28

imported post

This is why I keep my posts to a minimum, but I'm surprised you guys are okay with this. It's not a hill I want to die on, but I guess I'll be the only one to say it(albeit crudely)- that sucks. Do I also have to check in if I were to wear a pro-Palin shirt or a pro-Obama shirt? Either way, I'll piss off half the customers. My pointless rant.

Feel free to pile on.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

gbu28 wrote:
This is why I keep my posts to a minimum, but I'm surprised you guys are okay with this. It's not a hill I want to die on, but I guess I'll be the only one to say it(albeit crudely)- that sucks. Do I also have to check in if I were to wear a pro-Palin shirt or a pro-Obama shirt? Either way, I'll piss off half the customers. My pointless rant.

Feel free to pile on.
[shrug] It's their right to ask that of us. We may not like it but unless we change their minds then we have to respect their right.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

gbu28 wrote:

Feel free to pile on.
Agree.

I shop at Wal-Mart anyhow, it's a lot cheaper and closer to me anyhow.

32HR MAG

imported post

I'm just saying it is a step,albeit a small one.

Remember "The sheeple are scared and they don't know who are wolves or who are sheeple dogs"

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Eventually the whole check in process will fade away I am sure. It is a good step towards working with the management and helping the people who have not become familiar with OC including the staff at the store.

This isn't the same as answering questions with the police which in many cases has been done with out thought.

I think it is a positive step toward making the store OC friendly and supportive.

I shop at Chinamart sometimes too. Festival has better quality foods.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ya, although I wouldn't want to have to do it, it is the only way to go for now, to eventually get it more accepted.

And ya, Festival probably has better quality fresh food, but I'm still young and don't really cook meals. So it's frozen and boxed meals for me! Wal-Mart is cheaper :D Can't afford to buy what I buy at Festival, something $2.50 at Wal-Mart is $3.50 there!

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

If I owned a grocery store I'd want all the OC'ers to check in at the management counter...

...so I could shake their hand and thank them for patronizing my store!!!!!! ;)

In all seriousness though... I appreciate Festival Foods acknowledgement and willingness to support our rights. Their methodology is a little irrelevant, but they are so close to "right on" that I'd work with them in this circumstance not against them. With the goal that with a couple positive experiences, they would just as soon not need us to check in at all. And having said that. With their current acknowledgements, if you DID OC in there without checking in, I doubt they'd call the police. Rather just probably take a stroll make sure everything is kosher and carry on.