• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saturday, August 8 OC lunch for Manassas/Prince William

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

I wrote this on the Open Carry in Prince William County thread this morning. Just thought it might be a good idea for some folks living in the area who have not had the opportunity to come to one of these events. Anyone who has comments about which Saturday or where to do this is welcome to respond.

What say.. should we do this?

How 'bout this. For those who live in the Manassas/Western Prince William County area, what say to a Saturday lunch in the Gainesville area? I don't have any favorite places but I'll just throw out some names for kicks and in no particular order.

Glory Days in Somerset

Foster's Grill in Haymarket

Cracker Barrel in Manassas

El Tio's in Virginia Gateway (Gainesville)

Brooklyn Pizza in Gainesville (west)

Casa Chimaya in Manassas

Backyard Grill in Manassas

Sound like an idea?? Obviously, anyone on this forum should feel free to come, but since there appears to be a number of us out in this part of the county, I thought it might not be a bad idea.

Marco

imported post

I'm up for a Saturday lunch.
Unfortunately on 7/25 I have a prior commitment and on 8/1 I'll be driving back from MD.

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Ok, would a Sunday be better for everyone? It doesn't matter to me as I can go for either day.
I work on Sundays... :arrow:Saturdays better...

SouthernBoy

imported post

Ok, based upon ed's suggestion, how about Saturday, August 8. Now for suggestions as to where this might be held and when.

What about 11:45 (time was significant to some) for the time. As for the place, I'll throw out these for starters in no particular order of preference.

Foster's Grill, any location in the area

Glory Days, Somerset (Gainesville area)

Casa Chimayo, Manassas

(just a bump)

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Ok, based upon ed's suggestion, how about Saturday, August 8. Now for suggestions as to where this might be held and when.

What about 11:45 (time was significant to some) for the time. As for the place, I'll throw out these for starters in no particular order of preference.

Casa Chimayo, Manassas

(just a bump)

How bout that new diner on Rte 234 at Rt 1? Right next to the new cleaners business? I think it is called "Good Times" Buffet..?

I am going there for dinner in a few.. gotta scope the place out.. :shock:

SouthernBoy

imported post

joeamt wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:

Casa Chimayo, Manassas

(just a bump)

How bout that new diner on Rte 234 at Rt 1? Right next to the new cleaners business? I think it is called "Good Times" Buffet..?

I am going there for dinner in a few.. gotta scope the place out.. :shock:
I was kinda hoping to have this at a place from Manassas westward if possible. Would this be a problem for you?

Xeni

imported post

I have to check with the better half tonight but this seems fun. My vote would be Fosters but I'm game for anything.

Just need time/location/directions from Dumfries.

PeteXD

imported post

I'm down for the 8th at the Glory Days on Somerset (or anywhere really but the G-Days is closest hehe)

11:45 sounds good... a little earlier than I'm used to waking up on a saturday but I'll manage. and I might coax a friend or two to tag along...