• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saturday, August 8 OC lunch for Manassas/Prince William

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
joeamt wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
Ok, based upon ed's suggestion, how about Saturday, August 8. Now for suggestions as to where this might be held and when.

What about 11:45 (time was significant to some) for the time. As for the place, I'll throw out these for starters in no particular order of preference.

Foster's Grill, any location in the area

Glory Days, Somerset (Gainesville area)

Casa Chimayo, Manassas

(just a bump)

How bout that new diner on Rte 234 at Rt 1? Right next to the new cleaners business? I think it is called "Good Times" Buffet..?

I am going there for dinner in a few.. gotta scope the place out.. :shock:
I was kinda hoping to have this at a place from Manassas westward if possible. Would this be a problem for you?

Fine with me.. I went to that buffet, and was not impressed.. I much better like Golden Corral! But Manassas is fine.. as long as it is not on a work night for me...

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

These are the people we have so far.

t11spanner
PeteXD (maybe)
ufcfanvt
nova
joeamt
GWRedDragon
rebfan (maybe)
Xeni
promizkeeper
PWC_Glock

I suppose we should pick a place. I would vote for, in no particular order, Glory Days in either Manassas or Somerset, or Foster's in Manassas or Haymarket.

What say? Can we solidify this? Any other suggestions?

Riana

imported post

You can put me down as a maybe, too - depending on where we go. I'd be up for trying Foster's (never been to one - been to Glory Days, though). Or whatever. As long as they serve tea and food, I'm good.

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Riana wrote:
You can put me down as a maybe, too - depending on where we go. I'd be up for trying Foster's (never been to one - been to Glory Days, though). Or whatever. As long as they serve tea and food, I'm good.
+1 on the tea and food...

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

promizkeeper wrote:
Foster's is fine with me. Manassas is best, but Haymarket is do-able.
Perhaps one of the Foster's in Manassas is best since it may be more centrally located.

Or maybe the one in Bristow. That might be even a better choice. I like the one in Haymarket, but I really don't have a preference. I am more willing to find a place that is convenience for all and can easily handle the number of people.

nova

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
promizkeeper wrote:
Foster's is fine with me. Manassas is best, but Haymarket is do-able.
Perhaps one of the Foster's in Manassas is best since it may be more centrally located.

Or maybe the one in Bristow. That might be even a better choice. I like the one in Haymarket, but I really don't have a preference. I am more willing to find a place that is convenience for all and can easily handle the number of people.
The one in manassas is closer for me but I like the fact the Bristow one isn't in such a congested area.

Either one works for me.

user

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Let me throw a bit of grit in the gears, if I may - How about La Tolteca Mexican restaurant on 234 - business near the Verizon store?

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
imported post

user wrote:
Let me throw a bit of grit in the gears, if I may - How about La Tolteca Mexican restaurant on 234 - business near the Verizon store?
I like mexican food... +1