• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saturday, August 8 OC lunch for Manassas/Prince William

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Here are the people who have responded in the affirmative (or maybe) to this little get together.

t11spanner
PeteXD (maybe - looks like will come)
ufcfanvt
nova
joeamt
GWRedDragon
rebfan (maybe)
Xeni
promizkeeper
PWC_Glock
Riana
user

As for the place, I know I could just pick one since I started this whole thing, but I preferred to get other people's opinions not only for places they liked, but also for places that most could get to without problem. So based upon responses, unless someone has a real problem with this decision, let's go with this.

Saturday, August 8, 11:45am, at Foster's Grill in Bristow.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Fosters+Grille-Bristow&city=Bristow&state=VA&address=10266+Bristow+Center+Dr&zipcode=20136&country=US&latitude=38.733786&longitude=-77.549509&geocode=ADDRESS&id=42063688

Is everyone Ok with this?

This Foster's is located in the new Bristow shopping complex which is bordered by route 28, Linton Hall Road, and Vint Hill Road. It is on the Linton Hall Road side at the end of a strip of shops. Go south from Manassas, pass under the 234 Bypass, and continue about 2 miles to Linton Hall Road where you'll turn right at the light. Then at the next light (I believe) turn left into the center.

nova

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Here are the people who have responded in the affirmative (or maybe) to this little get together.

t11spanner
ufcfanvt
nova
joeamt
GWRedDragon
rebfan (maybe)
Xeni
promizkeeper
PWC_Glock
Riana
user

As for the place, I know I could just pick one since I started this whole thing, but I preferred to get other people's opinions not only for places they liked, but also for places that most could get to without problem. So based upon responses, unless someone has a real problem with this decision, let's go with this.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Fosters+Grille-Bristow&city=Bristow&state=VA&address=10266+Bristow+Center+Dr&zipcode=20136&country=US&latitude=38.733786&longitude=-77.549509&geocode=ADDRESS&id=42063688

This Foster's is located in the new Bristow shopping complex which is bordered by route 28, Linton Hall Road, and Vint Hill Road. It is on the Linton Hall Road side at the end of a strip of shops. Go south from Manassas, pass under the 234 Bypass, and continue about 2 miles to Linton Hall Road where you'll turn right at the light. Then at the next light (I believe) turn left into the center.
That works for me. I don't mind driving the little bit of extra distance, the area that one's located in isn't as "busy" as Rt234 Bus., and I like that :)

PeteXD

imported post

Unless there is a Zombie or Alien invasion or some other freak occurrence... count me 100% in.

(in the case of a Zombie invasion I believe the event should be canceled due to the fact that the majority of us would be going out hunting... damn those nazi zombies!)

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
imported post

wrote:
My friend Lauren invited me somewhere that day so I'll have to figure out what the deal is. I'm an 80% chance no now:?
Invite :arrow:HER to go with :arrow:YOU instead!! :p

fairfax1

imported post

PeteXD wrote:
in the case of a Zombie invasion I believe the event should be canceled due to the fact that the majority of us would be going out hunting
Zombie Hunting 101: Don't hunt zombies on an empty stomach.

I'm a MAYBE on lunch right now.

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:

t11spanner
ufcfanvt
nova
joeamt
GWRedDragon
rebfan (maybe)
Xeni
promizkeeper
PWC_Glock
Riana
user

Aug 8??? The title from the list page says July 8.... Hmmmm

SouthernBoy

imported post

joeamt wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:

t11spanner
ufcfanvt
nova
joeamt
GWRedDragon
rebfan (maybe)
Xeni
promizkeeper
PWC_Glock
Riana
user

Aug 8??? The title from the list page says July 8.... Hmmmm

Yeah, I know. I screwed up. How can I change that?

nova

imported post

PWC_Glock wrote:
Just an FYI, Check out The Inn at Little Washington. If you ever want to propose.
But I hardly know you yet! :):p

SouthernBoy

imported post

PWC_Glock wrote:
Just an FYI, Check out The Inn at Little Washington. If you ever want to propose.

You might be interested to know that, I believe, two years ago, the Inn at Little Washington was rated as the number 1 restaurant in the United States and the number 2 restaurant in the world. People come from Europe to dine there.

SouthernBoy

imported post

Ok, these are the people we have at this time for our little get together on Saturday;

SouthernBoy
t11spanner
ufcfanvt
nova
joeamt
GWRedDragon
rebfan (maybe)
Xeni
promizkeeper
PWC_Glock
Riana
user
fairfax1 (maybe)

Is everyone on this list still good to go? Also, I have a question to those who have put together something like this before.

I know that Foster's welcomes OC people having been to three of them while carrying. However, is it necessary to contact them in advance because of the number of people involved or should we just show up and take our chances?